We were part of a group of divers, so had no say in the accommodation - having read Tripadvisor reviews, I was a bit worried. Yes, the public areas are a bit tired and our bedroom dated. However, our room was clean, the bathroom spotless and the tiny balcony useful to dry wet gear. We missed out on breakfast as it started a bit late for my 8 am pick-up, picking up food at a nearby supermarket and into the fridge, which was a modest extra charge.
My wife swam in the pool each day and found it clean, if a bit cool in the morning
The staff were helpful and friendly and the location very convenient to pick up the local buses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Azzurro. The Porto Aparthotel, a family run Aparthotel in Xemxija Bay, is prominently situated overlooking the picturesque St.Paul's Bay with breathtaking views of the Maltese countryside. The resort apartments and hotel rooms are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. The main towns nearby are Mellieha, St Pauls Bay and the tourist resort of Bugibba. The sandy beaches of Golden Sands and Mellieha Bay are less than 3 kilometers away. The hotel's apartments are stylish and comfortable and provide a luxurious base for a truly relaxing holiday. All the apartments have a bathroom or shower en suite, air conditioning, fully equipped kitchen complete with a microwave oven, television, safety deposit box and direct dial telephone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Azzurro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Azzurro Hotel St. Paul`s Bay
- Porto Azzurro St Pauls Bay
- Porto Azzurro Malta