2,016 results
All reviews sea view air con animation team cheeky monkey pool bar adult pool family pool the bus salt water sea water sunday lunch plenty of choice big hotel evening entertainment plenty of sunbeds reception staff walk in shower
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Don't get me wrong, just because I have put it's not a 4* hotel doesn't mean it's all bad. Let's start with the positives. Nice friendly staff. Plenty of food choice and as it's buffet style it was nice - not outstanding but I wasn't expecting Michelin Star food. Rooms cleaned daily.

Now, this is why I think it's not 4*. Lounge area not the best. There was a large school party in at the same time which didn't help matters. The hotel was recently refurbished but niggling things in the bathrooms like the tap not staying down in the sink, the toilet in the other room not filling up correctly. The hotel was informed of these issues and didn't rectify them.

The pool is not big enough for the number of guests expected - especially in high season. There is an adults pool next door but I don't think many of the guests was aware of this. The animation team was not the best - friendly but did seem a little limited. Around the pool there was cracked tiles or lose tiles and one day a missing tile making the area look scruffy.

The dining area was crammed and the tables and chairs was not the best. At peak times it made getting between all the tables to the food quite tight. There was a nice outside seating area but smack opposite a bus stop so when buses and coaches came they parked up with the engine running sending exhaust fumes in to the area.

This wasn't relevant to us but I was talking to a family with small children and they felt the children's food selection was a bit limited. We was only HB so I can't comment on what the food was like at lunch time.

The next door hotel has a fitness/gym room but we wasn't told that you had to be 16 to enter.

The bedrooms were ample for 2 guests but the air-con was noisy and in high season you need the air-con on! The bar area was not very comfortable a few nice lounge chairs/settees wouldn't go amiss

Would I visit this hotel again? Probably not as I felt it was expensive for what it was.

Room Tip: Go for inland with balcony - sea view can be on a very busy front road
4  Thank Peter D
Ludgarda S, Director of Sales at Seashells Resort at Suncrest, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

We thank you for the detailed review and are glad you did find some positive aspects to your stay. To be fair some of the things mentioned you would have easily know if you had attended our daily guest cocktail and welcome meeting. All our guests are invited to this meeting which starts at 17.15hrs - the invite is given to all guests during check in. It is the best opportunity for guests to clear any questions they may have and to receive any kind of information about the resort.

I would like to assure you that the issues mentioned are being discussed at managerial level.

We hope that the rest of your experience in Malta was pleasant and send our regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Nice place to celebrate any occasion such as holiday weddings,all types of parties you wan’ t regret it.It is an all inclusive resort all you have to do just pay a certain amount of money and you can enjoy the celebration

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Ludgarda S, Director of Sales at Seashells Resort at Suncrest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

We thank you for the excellent review especially addressing our all inclusive package - we are glad your family celebration was a success.

We send our best regards.

Reviewed 7 August 2018

I arrived here with my mother and young daughter at 2.00am. I am unsure whether the receptionist observed how frazzled I looked as we were given an amazing room which was effectively an apartment with 3 balconies, a living area and two bedrooms! If that was the case then thank you very much as we had a wonderful stay at the hotel. The room was clean and spacious with good air-conditioning and a side sea view. The resort had all the facilities you could wish for, including an amazing restaurant called Luzzo which has an indoor children's play area. My daughter loved the pool and the waterslide and the minidisco. The resort is a ten minute walk from Bugibba with its shops, bars and restaurants, there is also a free water splash park which my daughter loved. All in all this was a wonderful holiday and I would wholeheartedly recommend the Seashells as for a family holiday.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Ludgarda S, Director of Sales at Seashells Resort at Suncrest, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

We are glad your stay with us was such a success for all three generations - glad you liked your family room with sea view.

Luzzu Restaurant which is on street level has a beautiful playing area for children - the restaurant and playing area have only just been refurbished and indeed feedback from our clients are very encouraging.
The Luzzu pool which is on sea level, is on the other hand only for the use of adults. The water slide is at the Sun and Surf Pool, where both kids and adults are allowed.

We hope that all of your experience in Malta was as good and send sunny regards from our island.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

on arrival I was really disappointed with reception area, it’s very out dated and the air condition was very poor. Our room was not ready on arrival and we were encouraged to rush to get lunch before it was finished.

There is not much of a selection of food, I did manage to pick something daily but wasn’t spoiled for choice.

The rooms very lovely and clean we had a family room which was very spacious and had an amazing sea view, could not get enough of this view.

Pool area was poor. Salt water pools which felt warm, sun beds were all crushed together, very cramped area, and the floor of the pool area did not appear clean. I actually looked forward to getting away from the pool which is Normally our favourite part of our holiday. We actually paid to go to cafe del mar which is next to the aquarium just to get a nice pool day.

Want the worst hotel but would not return.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

We thank you for the feedback and are glad that you at least liked the family sea view room assigned to you.

It is well advertised that our pools have sea water. the salt content as well as the temperature are the same as the sea.

We do hope that the rest of your experience on our island was more up to your expectations and send our regards.

Reviewed 4 August 2018

I was recently here ,in a family trip.The location of the hotel is very good,near the sea,with bus station just at the front and across the street some good restaurants,bar.The room was nice,clean ,air condition works ,a small fridge.we have a balcony with sea view.the room was quiet even it was across the elevators .the staff was friendly and helpful.Very good breakfast for all kind of people.the only down i will say is that the furniture in the lobby,especially the sofas are quite'tired',need to be changed. Also the swimming pools look so nice in the photo advert and are quite small in reality.

Room Tip: quiet at the high level.it has seven floors,we stayed at 6th.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Ludgarda S, Director of Sales at Seashells Resort at Suncrest, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

We thank your for reviewing our hotel and are glad you have found so many positive aspects to the hotel and your stay - we are glad that your family holiday was a success.

It is great to read that our staff were friendly.

We do hope that your stay on Malta was a total success and that you managed to see some of the very interesting sites on the island.

We send our regards.