All reviews jacks bar plain pasta pizza restaurant the general manager the bus pool view hotel late at night weekend break reading reviews tea and coffee making facilities apple bar hotel is great portable air conditioning unit internet access happy holidays bed and breakfast basis plenty of hot water
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

I returned home from the Bugibba Hotel yesterday 7/6/2018. I booked this hotel as it was a very good price for me to travel with my son and within our budget. Upon arrival the reception area is very pleasant and we had an extremely warm welcome from the wonderful ladies on the reception. We arrived shortly before 1pm so given out all inc wristbands to use the facilities before official check in at 2pm. The pool is not large but perfect for parents with younger children as it’s not deep, 1.3m at the deepest end and the water replenished most days so very clean! Indoor pool is deep but there are warnings in place to advise of this. Most staff were fantastic!!! Really friendly and smiling and helpful. I felt very welcome. The location is excellent, local amenities surrounding and within minutes. Beach 5 mins and that’s walking with my 6 year old! The room was comfortable, cleaned alternate days but when I asked for toilet paper and towels reception provided them for me. Excellent!! Food is plentiful. Mediterranean food... Malta is a Mediterranean country... however they did provide a full English breakfast as well as continental. For a cheap and cheerful budget friendly family friendly break to go away or not to go away for the money I have no complaints.

Attention for the management.... not complaint but some room for improvement.... catering... small yogurt pots at breakfast time would be nice for the children. Afternoon snacks were not supplied as stated when I booked and one particular restaurant man, dark hair... was very grumpy and not pleasant when I made my son sandwiches at breakfast to keep for a 4pm snack as he has Epilepsy and needs to eat to reduce the risk of him having a seizure. He also questioned why I had taken extra knives for my son to use for butter and another for jam on his toast... I felt that was unnecessary. Food was not really child friendly, some more plain foods such as Fish fingers, cheese and tomato pizza, chicken nuggets, plain pasta with some olive oil and cheese would be good for meal times... my son is not too fussy but I spent money buying pizza from the restaurant across the street for him to have. Fruit could be more varied.... and there should be filtered water available at all times. I had a bad experience with a man on front desk of which I didn’t complain but I know another guest felt the same and reported to management and the next time I saw him was very pleasant so it’s good to know that it was listened to. There is a girl working in jacks bar, the young man in there is wonderful, the young lady was very unpleasant and made myself and everyone feel that we were bothering her by just being there.
All in all we enjoyed our time and would return for similar money as mostly it was lovely. We may consider self catering another time but the premises and most staff are very good value for the money. Management should be proud of the majority of the staff as they exceeded expectations.
Sarah, Bournemouth

2  Thank SarahBournemouth
Graham P, Guest Relations Manager at The Bugibba Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Thank you Sarah for your review.
You had a few hiccups, but generally things were fine, it seems.
A great deal of cutlery disappeared during early June, which I sorted out, but the man who approached you may have been a little stressed at that point. Apologies for that, though I hope you can empathize a little too.
Jack's Bar is run by a brother and sister duo, both of whom are usually friendly in equal measures. I will check on what happened to Kiko's sister.
Meanwhile, the children's menu has been enhanced since I returned from holiday and we all hope that this ameliorates future concerns.
I thank you again for your review and please note how much we appreciate your help in improving matters.
Yours,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We have a lovely room, very spacious, balcony, sc so we have fridge, kettle, cooker (not used it as there are so many lovely places to eat, meals are delicious and very reasonable)
We ate in the restaurant once for lunch-not to our taste so didnt go back. Had breakfast there a couple of times-good choices depending on your taste (cereal, continental, bacon, eggs, beans etc)
Havent seen any cockroaches.
Just me and my son travelling, he has enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pool. On the whole staff are pleasant, friendly and helpful, they work really hard and seem to do long hours. If you dont expect much you’ll be happy enough, the hotel is clean and central, couple of minutes walk from the Square. There is some building work going on nearby, i imagine thats to create more space for tourists.
I’d stay here again, that said, im not fussy-when accomadation is clean and comfortable I’m happy.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your candid review and we hope you will come back. If you choose to, let us know and we will make special efforts to greet you once more.
Above all, best wishes to you for the remainder of the year,

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Not too impressed about the area this hotel is in, it looks like a building site half finished.
The rooms are basic, no fridge, no kettle, no air conditioning in May, only 1 electrical socket in the room and the safety deposit box is at the back of reception. We were all inclusive but were unable to eat as the food was very oily/greasy and the beer was supposed to be cisk but didn't taste the same anywhere else my husband drank it.
I was very disappointed about the price paid for this type of accommodation.
I can however say that the staff at this hotel were lovely, helpful and pleasant, they fixed the problems in the room (wonky shower head, loose hot water tap) and were polite and informative.
The bus station is at the top of tourist street about 5 minute walk, advise you buy prepaid card you get from the bus station kiosk.
Mary at Koffee bar just 2 minutes away on the right,does porridge or cereal as well as cooked breakfast, very nice, went most days.
Sea shell further up road on the right does a nice fish and chips.
Munchies bar opposite does a good pint of Guinness and The sailor bar opposite does some nice meals.
The is Scooby's shop opposite which sells groceries,alcohol,toiletries and hair brushes (which I forgot to pack).
The resort of Bugibba offers a lot of different entertainment but the island of Malta is rich in architecture, history and scenic views.
I would recommend a trip to Malta but maybe not the Bugibba Hotel.
Happy holidays xx

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Diana,
We do offer what you talk about, but it depends on the type of room you book. A Studio or apartment would be best.
Moreover, thank you for praising the facilities available within one minute of the hotel, which must surely be a plus.
Bugibba is developing fast and we are monitoring that as it impacts on us.
We hope you return to experience the improvements which are on-going.
Yours,

Graham

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

On arrival was given a ground floor room that the doors didn't lock refused it was told no other
But got family room in end
No entertainmen
Food tasteless notuch fruit
Def first up best fed
Bars run out of everything
Would not recommend all inclusive
Staff where lovely owner needs to get his act together

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends

We are thankful for the positive comment about the staff of the hotel.
Many of the staff eat in the restaurant each day and we have noted your comments about it and the bars.
Fortunately, 28% of guests return to us, so many do actually like what is offered.
Best of luck for the future,

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We have booked this hotel as the price was very attractive. Well usually we do not need too much on our holiday; basic accommodation with food was what we hoped for. We have been to Malta before and loved it. What went wrong: horrible food; leadding to :food poison -after all we had to eat in local restaurants. And huge cockroaches coming out at nigh.

Dear Joanna,
We are pleased that you have visited Malta before, which means that you probably know that we are within a tropical zone.
There are pros and cons to this, but we have programmes to cope with the less palatable aspects. Perhaps you were a little unlucky this time.
Two menus are prepared each day, so we advise people to read them and choose from them. There is a good choice if one cares to look.
Best wishes to you during the remainder of 2018,