“Perfect in every way”

Ranked #7 of 166 Restaurants in Bugibba
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Are you looking for a nice place to spend a nice evening eating good food and drinking good wine? We have just the best place for you - Ta' Pawla Restaurant situated in Tourists Street in Saint Paul's Bay. The menu is varied and at a reasonable price. Ta' Pawla Restaurant serves Fish, Meat, Pasta, Pizza and Local Maltese Cuisine. The service is friendly and efficient and the food is excellent.
Reviewed 20 July 2017 via mobile

We were staying nearby at the Santana and decided to wander here for a meal on our first night. We hadn't booked but went in at 9 and managed to get a table inside.

We both love seafood and they have a great selection there. The waiter offered to do us a sharing seafood plate which had a whole sea bass, whole sea bream, four of the biggest king prawns I have ever seen, some muscles, BBQd calamari and octopus on it. It was £€50 and worth every penny.

We ended up having two bottles of the Maltese Sauvignon blanc (around €8 a bottle) as it was so good!

While waiting for our fish they brought complimentary bruschetta which was good, too. The staff were all very friendly and attentive.

The fish was cooked perfectly and our waiter helped us to fillet the fish. It came with potatoes and vegetables but to be honest they didn't get a look in as the fish was amazing!

After we finished we went and sat outside to finish our wine and watched the world go by. We were also given complimentary Maltese limoncello which was a nice touch.

My partner and I agreed this was the best meal we had in Malta. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Jessica B

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Just returned from a fortnight in Malta and only booked B&B in our hotel as we knew we wanted to eat at Ta Pawla every night. (from our experience in previous years)

Great food with very large portions that are reasonably priced
We tried a variety of dishes, my personal favourite was the Lasagne, but had no faults with anything we ordered.

It got very busy at the weekends but were always greeted with a smile and "hello ladies" every night, and not made to feel rushed or hurried, even thought they had people waiting for tables.

We had Eric as our waiter for most nights and can not fault him. (also had great service from Steph, Matt, Jessica & Jacob throughout for 2 weeks)
Always had a smile and happy to chat and laugh with us as he was taking our order/clearing the table.
He is a credit to the restaurant.

We will be coming back to Malta next year and eating at Ta Pawla again
(as long as you don't write "good riddance" in the diary on our final night again Michael!!!!)
See you then everyone.

2  Thank familykennedy
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Have visited this restaurant many times before and have always made a bee line there. On our first night in Malta we went there and I ordered the bragioli as normal which I had been looking forward to, what a disappointment, it was dry and very over cooked with a very tasteless sauce.

To make matters worse tried to order a glass of Maltese white wine for my wife and a glass of Maltese red wine for me to be told could only have a half bottle of red and a full bottle of white which we didn’t really want. As we were in Malta we wanted local wine not what we get home so had to buy the said bottles however my wife is not much of a drinker so we ended up bring over half the bottle back to our hotel.

Never went back this trip, will watch the reviews on here to see if we return there next year, it may of just been a one of this time (fingers crossed).

1  Thank sid13
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Just returned to Malta , and I was starving so I went to Ta Pawla as I have been there before, great food . I thought it could not get better, BOY was I wrong, I had the fish meal done to perfection. I would recommend this restaurant to ALL.

1  Thank ianwhittaker34
Reviewed 15 July 2017

First visit to this restaurant and I was a little disappointed not really good quality food or well presented food was not all served together and when the veg did turn up it was only just warm. The only saving grace was the waiter filleted the fish for my wife which was really nice and appreciated. The waiter who served us was very helpful but other staff kept getting involved and spoilt the whole experience. This venue had a Trip Advisor Excellence Certificate which was misleading as the food was not that great. I would not go back again, sorry.

1  Thank Paul T