“Excellent dinner”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Description: SALT - Kitchen & Lounge
Description: SALT - Kitchen & Lounge
Reviewed 1 December 2016 via mobile

Went for dinner with my gf and we were pleasantly surprise. The menu is innovative and food was excellent. As starters we had sausages and fish soup. Soup was thick and tasty and sausages fresh and extremely tasty. As mains we shared the duck and lamb. Duck was slightly overcooked but tasted delicious anyways. The lamb was slightly fatty but cooked to perfection. The potatoes are delicious pity we couldn't eat any more. As dessert i strongly suggest the mqaret...Divine.

My only issue is the size of liquers at the end. These were extremely small and i suggest that a bit more is given when ordered after dinner.

Keep up the good work

Reviewed 1 December 2016

Our first visit. Food was excellent. It is quite expensive but worth the money for such high class food. Service was excellent. We had a very friendly young waiter.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

As a local I heard a lot about Salt, which usually I dismiss such rumors as they raise your expectations only to be disappointed when I finally eat at that restaurant.

Not in this case: The decor is very welcoming and you feel very special, even more from the excellent host and servers. Never intrusive but very attentive.

We had the pea and asparagus which was divine. Taste balance was perfect.

As a main we had a local fresh fish cooked to perfection, soft, milky and so delightfully tasty.

Well done to all the staff and will definitely return very soon.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

I visited salt with my husband and son we ordered chataeubriand with sides a bottle of wine and some deserts the food was cooked to perfection absolutely amazing. Man in charge Daniel could not have done enough for us and spent a lot of time talking to my son about football had an amazing time thanks.

1  Thank debsie1975
Reviewed 28 November 2016

My partner and I visited this restaurant towards the end of our holiday as we had more money left than we had expected and I'm so glad we did! It was only because we passed Salt on our walk between our hotel and the town that it caught our eye but when I saw the previous reviews it was a done deal.

When we arrived, the waiter managed to seat us even though it was a busy dinner service (in hindsight, we should have booked!). The waiter was so friendly and more than happy to give us some local history and make drink recommendations. We ordered the chateaubriand meat sharing platter which I absolutely cannot fault, the steak was out of this world. I should also mention that for a restaurant of this standard, the portions were very generous. It's often the case that my partner will be looking for more food later in the evening if we've been out for a 'really nice' meal but not here! Great job everyone at Salt, I just wish I didn't live so far away!