“You have to go if you are around”

Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Peniche
Reviewed 7 August 2018

It is an impressive island in the middle of the Atlantic. It takes around 30 minutes and cost around 18€ in a bout that you can take from Peniche. It has a little beach that normally has too many people but is worth going. Another attraction of the island is a castle in the middle of the rock that is worth going. You must go

2  Thank miguel o
"stay overnight"
"must visit place"
"relaxing trip"

Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The Berlengas was one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever traveled. Berlengas offers short treks, crystal blue waters, kayaking, swimming/snorkeling as just some of the activities to experience while visiting the historic fort. I highly recomendaron this tour! I already wish to be back at Berlengas.

Our guide Nuno from Around LisbonTours was passionate and knowledgeable about the beautiful island. He provided answers to numerous questions and went above and beyond to create a wonderful day for everyone.

I was also impressed with Nuno’s friendly personality and genuine interest in getting to know everyone on the tour. As a solo traveler in Portugal, he made it easy to connect with the other travelers. He created a sense of community within our tour- and he did it in less than 7 hours. It felt like I knew Nuno and the other travelers my whole life- and for that, I am grateful to have had him as my guide!

I would highly recommend this tour to everyone!
Thanks again, Nuno!!!

1  Thank jbb0503
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Heavenly place. One of the most. wonderful places i have been. The trip was super fun and very friendly staff
Experience to repeat. I will recommend to everyone!

1  Thank Vitória A
Reviewed 18 July 2018 via mobile

Berlengas natural reserve is home to thousands of seagulls, wild lizards and floras. This island is 40 mins away from peniche, ferry ride wasn’t as bumpy as I had heard. Clouds thankfully decided to go away after 12 and we were able see beautiful shades of blue of the Atlantic. There is only one restaurant and cafe; you can also camp in island in that case, you can bring along food supplies. There are lot of other boat rides from island to visit caves or view coral life thru glass bottom boats. But we decided to trek to sao bapista fort and back. Trek though tiring but is must. Can’t stop admire wonderful views throughout the trek. Blessed with lovely sunshine, we enjoyed Clear beach too. Must visit place in Portugal.