“Great sandwiches to go”

Village Butcher
Ranked #13 of 31 Restaurants in Woodstock
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed 10 March 2017 via mobile

We always stop here when in Woodstock. They have a nice selection of sandwiches as well as other goodies. The ciabatta bread is tasty. Easy grab and go lunch. In the summer we take our lunch down to the river and sit on the rocks, access is just on the opposite side of the covered bridge.

1  Thank TeamSmallState

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in a local antique shop talking about what we were going to get for lunch when the lady running the shop called in an order for her lunch to Village Butcher. I figured if a local was getting their lunch there that was good enough for me. I am so glad we did. My wife got a turkey sandwich and I got the Reuben. Both sandwiches were excellent. I highly recommend for a quick lunch on the go.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

As usual, we used TA to help choose our meal in a new town. The Village Butcher sounded like what we wanted but we were somewhat disappointed in the end.

I ordered a veggie grinder. Good but nothing special. I ordered it on ciabatta for an up charge, which also was good but unremarkable. My husband got a pulled pork sandwich which he was disappointed in. It had more of a pureed texture than pulled, and he didn't care for the cole slaw.

In addition, there is no seating inside and limited seating outside (three bistro tables). Overall our meals were okay, but next time, we will try another place.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

Oh my goodness. I only bought one thing at the Village Butcher: cheese buns. Now my buns are cheese, and I have no regrets.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We enjoyed the Village Butcher's freshly made sandwiches while touring the shops in Woodstock. The bread is very fresh with a large variety of meats and cheeses.