US$175
US$239
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$267/night.

US$219
US$189
Official Site
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$273/night.

US$199
US$189
Woodstock Inn & Resort(Woodstock)
US$349
Official Site
US$279
Sleep Woodstock Motel(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$118
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$156/night.

Deer Brook Inn(Woodstock)
US$229
US$135
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

All reviewseasy walking distance to everythingnew englandbreakfast was deliciousfour poster bedoff street parkingold housejacuzzi tubgreat conversationclassic vermontcomfortable bedstayed here for two nightsbillings farmenjoyed our staylovely hostsmodern amenitiesb and bgas fireplace
Reviewed 24 October 2016

The Charleston House is ideally situated, close to the centre of Vermont but with plenty parking space. The room was quaintly decorated with a bed which was very comfortable, and higher off the floor than we have encountered in all our previous travels! Willa and Dixie are genial and helpful hosts and the breakfasts were an amazing combination of fruit, savoury and sweet items which certainly set you up for the day (and rendered lunch unnecessary). In New England a B&B such as The Charleston House is not a cheap option, but it is an experience not to be missed and if Woodstock is on your itinerary then it is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lancashirecouple2
Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for my husband's birthday which is right at peak foliage time. We had to book six months in advance since this area gets so busy. Hey, that's New England fall foliage for ya! We stayed in the Mt. Peg room which was spacious and with a comfortable bed. The bed is tall so being I am only five four, I had to hop a little to get up. This was not a problem for us, but might be for others. The place is very convenient to walk downtown. My only comment would be that the community style breakfast was a drawback for this cute B& B. Would have prefered a series of smaller tables so I could sit with my husband privately. While I am quite social, having to be "on" first thing in the morning and have forced conversation was a bit much. It's our weekend! I deal with the public all day at work and would like down time at meals. However, people were pleasant . We just kept the meal short. Their resident dog was sweet and adorable.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stuffnut2016
Reviewed 19 October 2016

Charleston House was a pleasure. The room was clean, the breakfast was truly top-notch and fresh, and the atmosphere was welcoming. I loved the pineapple theme that they had going, complete with a mini pineapple tree in the lobby.

It did get quite cold at night, and there weren't temperature gauges in the rooms. That would be my only suggestion for improvement. It's an old, old house, so it is a bit drafty. There were extra blankets in the room, so I survived.

Also be aware: the hot water gets hot RIGHT away, like BURNING hot. No, I definitely did not boil myself in the shower and sprain my knee while trying and failing to hurl myself out of it like a confused, frantic cat in a tub. Not at all.

Willa and Dixie, the owners, were so much fun; they're the sort of people you want to immediately be best friends with. They are verging on elderly but still full of energy and spunk.They were also enormously helpful, offering to call restaurants for reservations and such. As I left, Dixie was grabbing his car to drive a guest to an auto shop (his car had broken down).

The gave excellent dinner recommendations. I inquired about the large fireplace in the common room. Willa, in classic Vermont style, said that they didn't light it till winter (mind you, it was getting down into the 20s that night, and it was already chilly by my delicate more southern Northeast standards). When I asked them again, they lit the fire for me, even though I was the only guest who enjoyed it.

I ever make it back up to Woodstock, I'll be staying at Charleston House.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 939rebekahs
Reviewed 9 October 2016

Unfortunately, our experience at the Charleston was not a great one. The main reason being, we didn't feel like valued guests. The host's were not welcoming as we've found at other B&B's. When we arrived, we were not shown around to know where the common rooms were located. At most B&B's, coffee, tea or even snacks are available, but nothing extra was offered at the Charleston. The room had cobwebs on the lamps and in the corners. The bed coverlet didn't smell clean. The breakfast was the typical greasy sugary fare.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cat30189
Reviewed 5 October 2016

We stayed just one night at Charleston House. What a wonderful B&B this is! Dixie and Willa make the whole experience special and great care has gone into every aspect of the small hotel. We stayed in Pomfret Hills room- beautiful room with fabulous four poster (needed a step to get onto the bed!), wonderful collection of furniture and all so comfortable and spacious. Good quality linen and plenty of towels. Gorgeous toiletries and lots of little touches throughout, including free wifi and a sitting room for guests well stocked with guides and magazines.
Breakfast spectacular and tea served in a tea pot! Willa coped with all the special diets and produced a memorable feast, eaten sharing experiences with fellow guests. A wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple