“Good cheap lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

We went to El Rey del Taco and had a good cheap lunch. The Día del Muerto decorations are spectacular. My daughter's lunch fajitas were perfect for $8 with a soda. My queso fundido was good but not melted.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I stopped in here last week for a quick lunch. The line was out the door around 11:45, but moved quick as we ordered in about 10 minutes. The food came out within another 10 minutes. I ordered the Memphis soft taco and the Cartina soft taco. Both tacos were great and inexpensive. Tacos are about $2.59 each. I also had a sweet tea and chips and queso for the order.
Place is great for lunch or dinner. I would definitely recommend going.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Several friends mentioned this restaurant. I happened by at lunch time so I swung in. The food was good and the prices fair. They give you several sauces and salsa and chips upon arrival. The pink looking sauce is HOT!!! The green sauce has avocado in it and it was awesome!

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Went to celebrate Cinco de Mayo and were not disappointed. The food was delicious and as touted as close to authentic Mexican food as you will find in Atlanta. Customer service was outstanding in spite of the large crowd...music was blaring to celebrate...do not know if that is a regular occurrence, but the food was worth it. Guacamole was the best...fresh and delicious...a must!

Reviewed 1 May 2017

Tacos Al pasteur were good but not as good as in Mexico but close. I am not sure if our beef came off a Rottesiory like they did in Mexico either. Over all the food was good, Parking can be a challenge on weekend nights and the place is open until like 5 am. The only downside we found was even for a part of 2 they added a mandatory 15% tip. Sad because I would have tipped more but when we were told this then I said fine, and that is all I leave. Tipping I do believe in but if you require me to do it then that is a whole other issue.

Been to El Rey del Taco? Share your experiences!