All reviewsinman parkgarden roomroyal suitethe main housekrog street marketrocking chairshouse is beautifulfive pointswonderful hostsbeautiful bed and breakfastwalkable neighborhoodmartin luther kingsouthern charmb bsfresh fruitjimmy carterstayed longer
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This was our first time staying in a bed and breakfast, and let me tell you it will not be our last! The house was just beautiful and the service even better. Kathryn and Debi were fabulous and made sure we were taken care of the whole time. The room we stayed in was the garden room and it was just simply amazing! The bed was so comfortable, it lead to a balcony on the roof which was so peaceful and simply relaxing! The downstairs patio and garden area are also super awesome and really relaxing. It's very close to candler park and Krog Street Market and they recommended places for us to check out which were all awesome. Kathryn has a wonderful way with all the guests and her Eggs Benedict for breakfast were out of this world fantastic! We will be back yearly to stay for sure! I absolutely recommend this as a great get away for anyone wether in state, out of state or even in town! I would give 10 stars if it let me!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

I wanted to love this B&B. I really did. But, being kind, I'll say that I possibly liked it.

Pros: cute home, great location (Krog Street Market is in walking distance!), and very sweet inn keepers.

Cons: no off street parking, wifi was weak/slow (I was unable to work from my room), bathroom was dated (not in a historic sense of the word), and the room was not completely cleaned (the room included a loft that had not been cleaned before my arrival).

Also, the pricing was a little unclear. The receipt that I received via email charged me $15 more than the price quoted in the confirmation email. I realized that there was a $15 one night fee, but I incorrectly assumed that was included in the initial quoted price. For the sake of clarity, the confirmation email should reflect the final price.

There are several bed and breakfasts in this area. I most likely won't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Jessica F
Debi S, Owner at Sugar Magnolia Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Jessica, we wanted you to love your stay with us, as well, and are happy you found things you liked but sorry you found things you did not like. We do have off-street parking for the Cottage Suite, but for the main house, we have convenient on-street parking right beside us with a side gate to those spots. We also have free wi-fi with boosters throughout our property, for all rooms, and a full in-house business center for our guests - but I regret that you had some difficulty during your stay. Regarding your room, we will take your comment about the bathroom decor to heart, even though we receive great feedback about all aspects of the Garden Room. But about the additional sleeping loft, not having that spot completely ready was a full out mistake on our part. We would have loved to have had the opportunity to fix any problem during your stay, if you had mentioned it, but we will be crediting you a discount for our oversight - and we do apologize! Finally, upon review of the confirmation email that you received, it did quote the final room rate (including the $15 one-night stay charge) so we are confused about that feedback. We do hope you will change your mind and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

My husband and I stayed 2 nights in this B&B because of its vicinity to the Carter library and MLK center. The Royal Suite was very comfortable and we enjoyed chatting with innkeeper Kathryn over breakfast. We had 2 excellent dinners at restaurants within walking distance - One Eared Stag and Serpas. The B&B is in a nice walkable neighborhood, convenient to restaurants, bars and attractions. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017

We stayed in this beautiful b&b for eight nights in the royal room. The facilities were excellent. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was magnificent. The innkeeper Kathryn was attentive and helpful and cooked us delicious breakfasts, working hard to vary the food. The owners Debbi and Jim were friendly and affable also.
The inn is located in a convenient position with some good restaurants within walking distance and the Marta station is reasonably close.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2017

My wife and I very much enjoyed our 3-nights stay at the Royal Suite. We picked Sugar Magnolia because we needed to be in this particular area of Atlanta. We loved the inn and the surrounding area - a 10 min walk to Krog St Market (top-notch shawarma in lava bread at the Yalla stand!) and a 20-min walk to Inman Park restaurants. The Royal Sweet is spacious and elegant, Kathryn's breakfast are yummy and the outdoor patios/balcony are a great feature. My only improvement suggestion to the hosts is consider using better coffee beans.

Room Tip: We loved the Royal Suite but the other room in the house looked beautiful too!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple