“Great location.”

Courtyard Atlanta Downtown
Ranked #82 of 174 Hotels in Atlanta
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. It is in an old historic building that has been renovated. We had a corner room was which was quite nice. The bathroom has a combination shower and tub. It was quiet. Bed was comfortable. There is no on-site parking. You must use the valet for $30 a day. It was a 10 minute walk to the football stadium. It is very convenient for all of the downtown Atlanta attractions.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 November 2017

After my marathon drive and epic wanderlust I finally checked in ten hours later. A super professional staff who took care of my every needs. (Thank You!) The suite, (it was football weekend) I had was beautiful, very clean, huge lit wardrobe, and a bathroom large enough to get lost in! The shower controls confounded me a little. It’s a great hotel, with a outstanding staff, located right smack in the middle of town with a host of places to eat located in the city.

Room Tip: I was on the 9th floor and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Stayed here recently for two nights for the very first time. While the outside of this building looks old; it was a former part of the Atlanta Library, the rooms are up to date and modern.

Checkout was quick and easy. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. My room was clean and rather large. The bathroom was very big, with a shower and a tub, although I've never seen a tub inside the shower stall, as it was here. But it was fine.

Daily clean-up was quick efficient. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning system, while not whisper quiet, was fairly quiet.

My only complaint is that the bathroom did not have shades but Venetian blinds. And some of those blinds were not close enough to the windows and it was fairly obvious that if I can see outside through a large gap between the blind and the window, then the folks outside could see inside through that large gap! I had to Jerry-rig a fix to close that gap between the window and the blind.

The location is fabulous. Within walking distance of many restaurants and especially a Starbucks! I did not eat at the hotel restaurant or use the fitness center so I cannot comment on those. And since this hotel is right around the corner from a MARTA station, I did not drive or use the parking service; I took MARTA from the airport and back again when my meeting was over.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We recently stayed at his property to attend a concert at Philips Arena. Upon arrival, the Valet (Dennis) was very friendly and got me squared away very quickly after I pulled into the small parking area from the wrong side. Check-in was a breeze, with no issues encountered and a very nice lady working the desk. Our room, 415, was clean and had the temperature set at a comfortable level upon entering. This is a double room, but is plenty spacious enough even with two beds. Although mattress firmness is subjective to individuals, we found the beds to be quite comfortable. The bedding was clean, crisp and felt like higher quality than typical. Plenty of pillows to go around too. Television worked as it should with enough channels that we all found something we could enjoy. Wi-Fi was excellent and free. Our room was near the elevators and drink vending machine, but this did not seem to be a major source of noise and overall the room was very quiet. The bathroom was surprisingly large. Be aware that this room does not have a bathtub. It's shower only. Also, while there is plenty of hot water, the water pressure leaves something to be desired. Very low pressure at the showerhead. This room is equipped with a coffee maker and mini fridge, but no microwave. They do have a microwave in the small snack shop off the front desk, but I believe it is only for the items they sell there. On the plus side, the snack shop is surprisingly well stocked for it's size. They have typical snacks, but also drinks, toiletries, frozen dinners, parfaits, soups, and frozen breakfast items. You'll pay for the convenience, but it's good to know it's there. Let me make a quick note about the staff. Once we had to ask a staff member for spoons because the snack shop was out. She immediately went to find some and returned in less than a minute. I wish I had gotten her name, but thank you! Also, there was an issue with one of the elevators that had it out of service for a short while, but I noticed the staff went into action very quickly to resolve the issue and help guests. Kudos to the staff!

This property is a short walk to Philips Arena (about .4 miles) as well as many other attractions. CNN, Olympic Park, World of Coke and more are nearby. We also found the nightly rate to be quite reasonable for a downtown location in a major city, although we did book months ahead of time. Check out was no issue at al. We called to have the valet retrieve our vehicle 15 minutes before checking out and it was waiting when we got down. Be advised that the hotel does not have self parking that we saw. Valet service is $30 per night, but again we found that to be comparable to any other hotel in a major city. I will say this, a few other reviews complained about the valets stealing from vehicles, but I had around $20 in bills and change in my astray and every cent was there when our vehicle was brought back. Also, when we checked in, the valet specifically told me he would remove my GPS from its mount and hide it in the vehicle as a precaution against theft. Not only that, but they engaged me in conversation in a very respectful and courteous manner. When we were walking to the concert, a younger valet very politely gave us directions and assured us the walk would be safe as there were "ambassadors" along the way during events. We never felt unsafe at all. Make sure you give the valets a tip for a job well done.

I would definitely recommend staying at this property.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank csa1861
Reviewed 25 October 2017

I would give this Courtyard a better rating, but their mandatory valet service stole a $200 pair of Raybans out of my car. The hotel now wont return calls about it.
It is my fault leaving them in the car due to being rushed at check in, but there is no excuse for theft.
Also, no excuse for not returning phone calls about the situation.
BE WARNED.