“Fried Rice Should not Taste Like Rubber Bands”
Review of Dragon Express

Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Hills Park
Neighbourhood: Hills Park
Reviewed 6 October 2015

While in one of Atlanta's trendier neighborhoods I decided to try what I thought would be an above average Chinese take out joint. The sign up front even says "best Chinese in town"....what could possibly go wrong?...The FOOD!

I ordered the kung pao chicken and I ended up throwing it in the trash can located outside the store after 3-5 bites. Chinese food is hard to mess up, however, the dragon was successful.

The rice tasted like rubber bands; I tried to bring it to life with some soy sauce but it was like pouring soy sauce on well like, rubber bands. The large rice portion dominated the plate and was the nastiest part of it as well.

I left frustrated, confused, holding a greasy complimentary egg roll, and with $8 less in my pocket.

The dragon will not never hurt me again. I won't return.

1  Thank everywhereman13

Reviewed 30 December 2014

After you get through the ordering nightmare, the delivery comes really quick. The last couple of times we alway get a surprise, not what we ordered but, good. Last night we really got something to fill our "heavy medal" needs......STAPLES in the House Fried Rice. Will we order again? NO. Also, the price is higher then what's on their menu for delivery so make sure you check.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I order frequently from Dragon Express and find the food to be consistently hot and delicious and the delivery fast. It's not the most gourmet place to order Chinese, but it fits the bill.

1  Thank Joey P
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We were in Atlanta following a wedding and placed an order online after hearing that delivery service was, at times, very slow. Other Trip Advisor reviewers have noted this issue.

Ordering online was straight-forward but the system never gave us feedback on how long the food prep would take. After 20 minutes, we drove over and picked up the food. No issues. The website offers a 10% discount for new customers setting up an account. I did that but the 10% discount did not pop on the final tally. I brought it up while paying and got the run-around from the lady cashier. She first said "You have to order online". I told her I had and she was holding a piece of paper from her printer with my online order on it. She seemed more interested in confusing the situation than in resolving it. Only some persistence resulted in getting the discount (or something close to it). I'd suggest TA members watch out for this kind of situation if they order online. There was a feeling of being treated less than honestly by the lady cashier.

Also, the order had one item we had requested missing but that was not discovered while we were there.

We were feeding 6 people so we had more than a half dozen items. Some were very good (the sesame chicken went fast) and some were not as good (the lo mein and the egg rolls). Overall, it is hard to rate the Dragon Express anything higher than Average.

Normally, I would not do a review of a take-out Chinese restaurant on TA. However, given the hassles of the vanishing discount and missing food item.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Whenever my stomach ails me or - let's be honest - I'm hungover, Sizzling Rice Soup from Dragon Express is the PERFECT antidote. It also works well as comfort food for general malaise. I've had this soup in several other restaurants and this little take-out place has the best in the area. Also, the service is friendly and expedient.

Been to Dragon Express? Share your experiences!