“Over-priced restaurant experience”
Review of Mini Hot Pot

Mini Hot Pot
Ranked #1,769 of 4,015 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 24 October 2016

We bought the $40 for 4 Groupon for this restaurant so we came for a visit. First of all, if you plan to share a hotpot, there is a $10 charge unless for children under 10. The cheapest option starts from 16.95. You get to choose a soup base, some are free and some costs about 2. You get a plate of meat and a vegetable basket. The meat plate looks impressive but the meats were cut so thin (which is good) and there is not too much quantity to it. The vegetable basket is also impressive that no one seems to able to finish. This is the trick to fill customers up with limited meat offer. You can almost pay the same or actually less in some of the buffet hot pot and you get to choose what you want. I think it's a good quality meal but worth half of the menu price. I also notice that their Environmental and Health Inspection score is 81. I wonder how do they get this relative low score without much cooking in the kitchen...

1  Thank VJH95

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

We wanted a new dinner experience for my mother-in-law's 65th birthday. We came on a Saturday at 6:30 with a reservation for 10. What an amazing time! They were very helpful as we had no idea how a traditional hotpot experience works. Let me just say we had SO much fun and the food was SOOOOO good. By the time we left there was a line of people waiting to eat and I can totally see why. First you choose your broth, then your entree. Each entree comes with a vegetable platter -- word of caution it has a shrimp and crab stick in it, so let them know in advance if you have any allergies. This place rocks! I think the kids enjoyed it even more than we did! We will DEFINITELY be back!

Reviewed 4 June 2015

Good for personal mini hot pots treats,especially during the cold weather.food are all pre-measured and quantified,everything else will cost more,It just does not have the hot pot restaurant atmosphere as they do not have many patrons even in the cold weather. Better go there woth a large group to add the atmosphere as a crowd gathering for hot-pot restaurant like back home and more Asian shopping places as NYC or SFO,etc.

1  Thank Panda C
Reviewed 28 December 2014 via mobile

I would strongly recommend trying this place, we went twice for dinner during a 4 day stay in Atlanta. The Beauty Booster hot pot broth is delicious, so much flavor, and they offer a generous portion of meats and veggies. My husband had the chicken hot pot, added the spicy option, and also loved it. You have to try it!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Went here with my wife for dinner. You have a little pot of boiling broth in front of you and dunk all of your food into it too cook. The variety of dishes are extensive. I tried Sea Cucumber and beef and my wife picked the Tripe and beef. The waitress was very helpful and energetic in her mission to make our meal special. They have 5 or 6 different types of broth you can cook with and 5 or 6 different noodles - the gentleman beside me ordered the seafood platter. It was not one of those 3 shrimp and a squid platters. He had an assortment of roughly 12 different shell fish and fish. Next time I will get this meal. Seating is tight - if you like your space then don't sit at the bar. The sauce mixing bar is very extensive - would recommend having a waitress help you mix the first time. Well definitely be back.