“OK, but a bit off”

El Nopal Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #2,145 of 4,147 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Summary:
Salsa - tasty but too salty.
Guacamole - plain and seasoned but a tad too salty plus no chopped tomato or onion or jalapenos.
Chicken enchilada plate (lunch): Chicken was very tender but the corn tortilla was bit-too-dry plus overall lacked flavor. The standard enchilada red sauce was pretty tasteless. A salsa verde would have been a better choice for a chicken enchilada.

Reviewed 17 September 2015 via mobile

As a former inhabitant of the Southwest, I have a rather high threshold for what I consider good Mexican food. El Nopal reminded me of meals as a youth in Albuquerque! I had the beef in red chile sauce which was tender and spicy with rice and beans. The waiter was on his 3rd day and while not terribly knowledgeable of the different tastes on the menu (this takes time of course) was polite and kept the chips and my water glass full. I had a great meal and look forward to my next visit!