“Mixed review”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Buckhead
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

PROS:
Great location, ambience and service. Hostess was gracious and our server was super friendly.

CONS, MENU:
I just don't get the menu. It's extremely vast, includes dishes from many different Asian countries but unfortunately not well laid out.

1. Pages aren't numbered
2. Drinks are the first half of the multi-page menu.
3. Food isn't laid out by course but sorta by country
4. I can't remember if there was a dessert menu BUT dessert wasn't offered. We got the bill and fortune cookies "for dessert".

OTHER CONS:
5. Server seemed exhausted and was the only server. There was one buss-boy.
6. Hostess flutters to guests which is a lovely touch but, server was overwhelmed.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

We so desperately want a good Chinese restaurant in Atlanta! Sadly, this isn't it. The ambiance is good. The service is good. Food not so good. They have too many options and I think that is why nothing is good. They have Thai, Japanese and Chinese food. I had Dan Dan noodles which were amazingly bland. My son had chicken fried rice which had a funky burnt flavor. My husband had garlic chicken which was the best of all of our food but still average at best. I will say that we got vegetable spring rolls and they were good. Guess I will still be on the hunt for a good Chinese restaurant!

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I was finally able to make it here with two friends to their new location. We went on a Tuesday evening for dinner and were promptly seated. They provide valet for parking. The place was very nice and clean. We started with the Hot and Sour Soup and Steamed Dumplings, which were both excellent. For dinner, I had the House Special Lo Mein with chicken, shrimp and scallops and noodles. It was great and filling. My friends had the Kung Pao Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken. They enjoyed all of it. The restaurant has several varieties of food to choose from ranging from Chinese to Thai to Japanese. The service was spot on and the prices are fine. The owner was even walking around checking on tables. Overall, it was a very good experience and I definitely plan on going back, soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

Dry chicken rice was over cooked. Server messed our order up. Never took our drink order. Doubt I will return. They should have stayed at old location. I'll take Hop Shing any day

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Recently relocated a few buildings away from the 1978 original restaurant, Grand China continues to serve up fresh Chinese and oriental inspired dishes in a cozy brick house on Peachtree Rd.

We enjoyed sizzling rice soup, Moo Shu Pork, and by request: steamed chicken & vegetables which was delicious and nearly calorie free without the rice which usually accompanies the entree.
Left satiated with enough for left overs.

Plenty of mingling space at the bar.
Glass enclosed porch seating or house rooms set with tables.
Valet parking.