“Good...even tastier food would make it excellent”
Review of Pho Bac

Pho Bac
Ranked #379 of 4,113 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 15 March 2017

I come to this restaurant every couple months. The service is always good. The prices are very reasonable. It seems to me the food is good but not the absolute best Vietnamese food I have had, I have written reviews about a restaurant that made (without any doubt) better Cha Gio and a different restaurant which definitely had better Banh Mi. I also get the pho at Pho Bac frequently and find it good but not the best.

I am very glad this place is here. It is reliable and good. I will keep looking for a Vietnamese restaurant in Atlanta that is excellent.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

Was exactly what I was looking for. Great atmosphere!! Very good variety. Love diversity! This was my first time with bubble tea. Yummy!!

Reviewed 1 February 2017

We were a group of 60 and still they were able to serve us fast and all of it was delicious. I love the fact that there dishes come in three sizes. I would always elect the extra large and have enough food for the next day.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

It's a tight fit as the place is small and crowded with diners (that's a great sign, right?), but the prices are amazing for generous portions of serious eats. I wish they offered Pho Thai, as I don't care for the fattier meats used in pho, but the Bhan mi sandwiches are terrific.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

I visited Pho Bac for the first time this weekend because of a recommendation. The place was pretty busy for 3 pm on a Sunday, but we were sat quickly. Waters were placed on the table as we sat down, which was much appreciated.

I ordered the small bowl of Pho Tai, which is thinly sliced beef served rare in broth. This was the best pho I've had, though I will say that my experience is pretty limited as I have been a ramen guy since my time in Japan. The broth was the real winner here.

We also ordered the cold spring rolls with peanut sauce and a grilled pork bahn mi. The spring rolls were pretty good and tasted about like the type does anywhere. However, the bahn mi was exceptional. The bread was very crusty and fresh and the meat was perfectly marinated. I could have used a little more pickled vegetables, but overall, I was very pleased with the meal.