“Absolutely a beautiful hotel experience”
Review of The Ellis Hotel

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #42 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We really loved staying at the Ellis Hotel. The junior suite was really nice and private. The space was very boutique, and the staff/hotel employees were superb. We are now planning to have our wedding and reception at this wonderful hotel. We cannot imagine staying at another hotel EVER in Atlanta. It is close to downtown attractions and the valet service is totally convenient. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone. The business center was wonderful and quaint. We just dont have any complaints at all.

Room Tip: For comfort and adequate room space, stay in the junior suite.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ashley A

Reviewed 19 August 2011

The hotel is awesome!!! The rooms are exceptional and the staff goes above and beyond to make sure you have everything you need. It is the best place to stay in Atlanta!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 17 August 2011

I couldn't say enough good things about the Ellis Hotel. The rooms are very spacious and the bed is very comfortable. I usually don't sleep well away from my bed at home, and I haven't missed a second of sleep either time we have stayed there. My wife and I stayed at the Ellis on our wedding night before flying out the next day, and couldn't have been happier with our choice. We made a return visit 2 weeks ago, and it again did nothing to disappoint. The rooms are very clean, and each room has a big flatscreen TV. The ammenities and overall quality would be something I would expect to find in Buckhead, but The Ellis is the same level stay downtown. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. If you want assistance with food or wine/champagne, ask for Peter. Overall, I look forward to many return visits and would encourage anyone staying in Atlanta to try The Ellis.

Room Tip: If you are there for any special occasion, talk to the staff and they will put together something re...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tom L, General Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2017

Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and so very glad to hear you will stay here every time your in Atlanta! We want to make you a "Friend of the Ellis Hotel" and would love to welcome you back the next time your travels take you to Downtown Atlanta again!

Reviewed 16 August 2011

Nice boutique hotel. I visited Atlanta to pick up my mother and my nephew who are visiting from Europe and stayed at the Ellis Hotel. I like the Ellis hotel. The service is excellent, the staff very helpful, professional and friendly. We had dinner at the Terrace. The food was very really good and the service friedly and efficient. The room was clean and of good dimensions. I have found my hotel in Atanta!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Marco C
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Very nice stylish hotel in the heart of downtown Atlanta.

The whole of the hotel is very nicely decorated and the rooms are exceptionally well kitted out, with comfy furniture and large LCD TV.

Certainly worth taking part in the free wine tasting in the afternoon and sitting on the patio watching the hustle & bustle of Atlanta flow past.

Staff are nice and friendly although when checking in at 2am (thanks to Air Canada!) the night staff weren't overly helpful.

A piece of advice would though be to park in any of the close by garages. All significantly cheaper than the hotel valet parking and less than a block walk away.

All in all a nice hotel and would stay there again if ever in town.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple