“Boutique Hotel”

The Ellis Hotel
Ranked #47 of 173 Hotels in Atlanta
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

The hotel was decent for the location. In my head 4 stars would offer a bit more. Positives: Reese the doorman was wonderful...get him a raise! Some of the staff was new so not really helpful with some issues. For instance never was able to rent a movie from the TV and they couldn't articulate how. The parking leaves much to be desired, but it is downtown. The garage across the street is more expensive on weekends please read the full disclosure before you park. Bed was comfortable a quaint experience.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for the feedback. I apologize you weren't able to enjoy a movie-I will make sure my staff is weel trained on that topic. Thank you for the kind words about Reese-can't wait to share it with him!
We certainly hope to see you again next time you're in Atlanta.
Olya Rostova

Write a ReviewReviews (1,457)

Reviewed 15 March 2014

As always, the Staff at The Ellis Hotel on Peachtree Street in Atlanta makes the stay warm and inviting. They consistently go over and aboard with excellent customer service and care for their guests. After repeated stays at this terrific Hotel, I continue to be amazed each time I stay with them.

Room Tip: Each room in which I have stayed was terrific.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Tracy J

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for your loyalty-we also truly enjoy having you as a guest when you're in town. I can't wait to share your review with the entire team! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed at the Ellis again, 8 months from previous visit (July?). Once again, the staff there are the best. Friendly, helpful, and remembered us from last summer. Conveniently located to several places including the HRC. No hesitance to recommend the Ellis. Got a great weekend rate.
One issue is parking. Pay for the valet. It would have turned out cheaper, as the parking deck down the street ripped us off, as well as our friends. It rolls to a 2nd day at 6 am, no matter when you entered. One night cost $32, and we could have valet parked for $25 + $5 tip. 717 Parking is a freaking rip off. I realize not the Ellis' problem, but you should know. One notable fact to mention is that we bumped into many of the same staff that were there before on our last visit. That's a good thing. They are good folks.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Peachtree are quieter. Side streets have more noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GaVol

Good Day,
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for your loyalty! It's always a pleasure to serve our repeat guests and we certainly hope that we will see you again in the nearest future.
I'm sorry the 717 parking deck rates are not clearly displayed. We will be glad to park your car in valet with us next time you visit. Thank you for sharing this tip with the rest of the Tripadvisor community.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

You can tell the Ellis is an older hotel: rooms are smaller, amenities fewer, etc. We were comfortable but could have used a little more room. However, the staff is amazing. I was greeted by name every morning and evening when I was in the lobby (Nickole!!). Front desk staff is fabulous!! Breakfast buffet a little pricey for what is offered, but the food is good. Calvin is a great bellhop and got us situated in our room nicely. If you want big rooms, probably not the place for you. If you want service, definitely stay here. Also, great location with numerous dining options close.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TravelGirlNashville

Hello,
Thank you for your recent stay with us and for sharing your experience. We are a historic hotel and are on the National Historic Registry: we take pride in our history. I was glad to hear your stay was nice and Nickole and Calvin took great care of you-I can't wait to share this review with them! We hope to see you again in the nearest future.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Great location. The staff, with the exception of the restaurant and bar, were very pleasant. The bartender was grouchy.
But, what really disappointed me was the condition of the room. It was dusty everywhere and the bathroom was not very clean. I complained to front desk who told me that it would be corrected, but it was not re-cleaned (I dusted all myself) and there was no follow-up to my complaint.
The bed was very comfortable.
The fitness center was even dirtier.
The happy hour hors d'oeveres was a large tuna melt cut into squares.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Janet N
Olya R, Front Office Manager at The Ellis Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Good Afternoon,
Thank you for posting about your experience-your feedback is very important to us, as it helps us see which areas need improvement. Please accept my apology for the condition of your room, as well as for the way it was handled. I will definitel;y share your review with the housekeeping team to ensure the fitness room is cleaned thoroughly as well. We certainly hope that you give us another opportunity to impress you. Please feel free to call me directly at 678-651-2771 to make your reservation and I will ensure that your stay with us is impeccable.