“Great experience”

Kobe House
Ranked #1,187 of 4,113 Restaurants in Atlanta
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Reviewed 4 October 2017

I have been there several times now while staying at the Doubletree for Sushi, although I can hear the drums of the hibachi grill. The food is freshly prepared and the Saki nice and cold. The specialty rolls are very good and the waitstaff happily will answer your questions about ingredients.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

My party was seated promptly. Then, it was 5-10 minutes before we saw a server. We were about to leave when someone showed up at the table.

The ambience was characterized by running and whining children.

We ordered drinks and appetizers. Both took an extraordinarily long time to arrive. It's hard to mess up edamame; but it was overcooked and under-salted. The baby octopus was passable.

My dinner companion ordered . It was drenched in a nasty brown sauce. Half was left on the plate.

I ordered their signature Kobe Delight (it wasn't). It was supposed to lobster, shrimp, scallop, and squid. It did have nice lobster shells; but no lobster. It had fake crab meat, hard boiled shrimp, scallops, and calamari rings sitting on a gelatinous pile of some ghastly noodles. A few bites and I was done.

We both paid extra for brown rice. I really believe that it must have been white rice that was colored brown; but I could be wrong. I've just never seen sticky brown rice like that.

We both left most everything on our plates. The bill was $110 before gratuity.

I would never waste my time or money there again.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

The staff were great, bartender was funny & the presentation of the food & sushi was fabulous. Everything was fresh and our waitress checked with us several times. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I went there with my husband and a friend. The waitress was not very good: when she brought me my beer, she did not bring me a glass. It took 20 minutes and three requests for me to get a glass and she got snippy with me. Our orders were supposed to include shrimp appetizers and dessert. We got neither. When I complained to the manager, I was offered a 15% off for my next visit. Seriously? We get those 15# off coupons in the mail all the time. I overpaid and he should have offered me a refund, not a throwaway coupon.

Reviewed 19 November 2016 via mobile

First time here and will be back. Love this place, wonderful service and very good food. In fact, they service you enough food to take some house. My friend had a salmon salad and he loved it. Great place for a group of people.

Been to Kobe House? Share your experiences!