“Excellent buffet”
Review of La Mei Zi

La Mei Zi
Ranked #661 of 3,999 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 8 April 2017

I really enjoy La Mei Zi. I have only ever been to the Saturday and Sunday buffet, so I cannot speak to the regular menu. It is quite a spacious restaurant and yet we often end up with a 10-20 minute wait time when we go. It has a wonderful atmosphere. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. They will actually stop to take the time to chat rather than rush you out the door once you've paid for your meal.

There aren't many places to find Taiwanese cuisine so I was very happy when a friend from Taiwan recommended this place. The buffet offers a great range of foods to please a variety of palettes. The offerings differ quite a bit from visit to visit, but it has all been delicious. I particularly enjoy the scallion pancakes and ground pork with star anise. The soy milk has the authentic flavor.

I have enjoyed trying the stinky tofu here. Stinky tofu is quite tasty and I have had the pleasure of enjoying it in Taipei. Unfortunately, La Mei Zi only offers this dish seasonally on the menu; otherwise I would eat it year round.

La Mei Zi offers one of the better buffets. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

First of all, I am a full blown Taiwanese! I traveled to Taiwan to eat all delicious Taiwanese food! We moved to Atlanta just because ATL has a Taiwanese spot call Bento in Norcross. Now Taiwanese just got better in ATL metro. My go to place in Atlanta! They have the best Taiwanese food in town!

客家小炒 Pork Squid W / Leek Bean Curd is really good, I recommend everyone to try it. It is a Haka dish, it's like a big mix of pork, squid, leek, celery, and dry tofu aka bean curd. Being a Haka man, let me tell you the history of this dish. Haka people is known as the Jewish of Chinese people. Haka people are very frugal, yea sometimes we go way too far lol. Since we are frugal not just with money, most importantly with our food. Ah we just finish our dinner, and we still have left over, we will save it all for next day. We don't have a microwave, cause it is way back in the day, how are we supposed to heat it up. Bang let's just stir fried everything together. Ladies and Gentlemen, 客家小炒 Pork Squid W / Leek Bean Curd was born! Of course through out the years, we have made some adjustment to the dish, but that's how we made this dish.

I can write million words about them, but just couple words is enough to describe this place.

AWESOME TAIWANESE FOOD ! Enough said :)

Reviewed 12 October 2016

We have been coming to this restaurant since it first opened the door. With limited competition, this is probably the best restaurant for Taiwanese style dining. Service is excellent which is another reason for us to keep coming back. We have never leave this place without 100% satisfaction. They serve a lunch special which you get a main dish, soup and steamed rice. The portion is very generous. The do a weekend special lunch buffet, not too many selections like the normal Chinese buffet and the quality is excellent. There is always a big line waiting to be seated so you want to get there early as they don't take reservation on the weekend buffet.

Reviewed 8 October 2016

It has been six months since I ate here and reviewed there food. Back then I called it "wonderful tastes" and I am happy to report that it still has "wonderful tastes". Went with a group of ten and we ate family style each ordering a dish a sharing. There was nothing that wasn't very good. Although they say they are Taiwaneise to me they are Asian and that's what I like.

Reviewed 5 September 2016

A small, homey, but stylish restaurant, La Mei Zi serves authentic Taiwanese cuisine, expertly prepared to the highest standards of authenticity and taste. It's a bit pricey for Asian restaurants but the quality and generous portion size makes up for it. Especially recommended: the pork ribs over rice with a tea egg and side of bok choy - a deceptively simple dish that was amazing for it's tender meat and expertly blended flavors. The only disappointment was that they no longer serve 3 cup chicken, which is the signature Taiwanese dish and the mark of a great Taiwanese restaurant.

1  Thank gwwyjjliu