“Great filling dinner and authentic ambiance”

Bodega Restaurante Francisco I
Ranked #11 of 291 Restaurants in Almunecar
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed my dinner so thoroughly. 9 Euro menu at night for salad, grilled fish (delicious!), flan and a drink. Wonderful, attentive staff. What a wildly decorated place. If I lived here I would be a regular for sure!

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Went there with my family of 8. We had great service all evening. Very kind and helpful. The price for a three course dinner including drink was 9€ which is insanely cheap compared to Danish prices. The food is medium standard but combined with the service and price it was a great experience :)

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Don't be fooled by the menus outside in different languages, this is really a fantastic restaurant with the best tapas I have had in a long time. Everything we had was excellent and the service was friendly and fast. It was actually so good we came here twice during out short stay.

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

The first time I came to Almuñécar in 1969, I got to know Bodega Francisco within a day or two -- it was the place you went to buy wine and spirits from casks. A generation later the Bodega is still there, right in the middle of town, old, charming, and very Spanish. A perfect place to enjoy a glass of Rioja and a tapa with friends during an evening on the town in an atmosphere where time seems to have stood still for generations.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here twice during our stay in Almuñécar. The first occasion we chose the lamb and the sword fish, we a couple of wines, the rioja was excellent. Both dishes were tasty and the servings more than adequate.

The second occasion we were early enough for the menu del dia and for the price we paid it was exceptional. For €9:50 we had three courses and a large glass of house wine. The gazpacho, fish and deserts were of a good standard and the portions more than generous.

The staff were friendly and welcoming although they were obviously very busy. We tried to get a table on Saturday evening but it was absolutely packed out. The vast majority of diners were Spanish and this traditional bar was very full.