All reviews first floor garden restaurant sea front tapas cold meats rooms are spacious across the road mercedes trot seafront spain terrace
Reviewed 16 September 2015

I HAD A WONDERFUL STAY....MY ROOM WAS LOOKING TO THE SEA IF I THREW A STONE IT WOULD HAVE reached THE SEA...The room was very well maintained ..very clean..and the beach was safe,perfumed with the scent of flowers..People were polite ,honest when they give you back money or advise you.....No symptons of any danger to walk alone there at night time ESPECIALLY for women........Almunecar people are very cheerful and happy.....The owner of ARRAYANES HOTEL ,MERCEDES,her husband and her staff were very welcoming at all times....They made us feel at home.. ...My son and me spent some quality of time there and we were very unwillingly to leave..haha..The sun was there all day long......food in supermarkets and shops was very cheap...but to eat in restaurant cost a lot ....it is better to have an inclusive deal.......Arrayanes hotel looks to the sea..and it is just a speechless view..i recommend it 100%.....especially that the owners speak verygood English AND ARE EXTREMELY WELCOMING......

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2015

We ate in the restaurant so cannot comment on any other part of the hotel service.

We were there offseason and there were a sprinkling of Spanish people eating, where many other restaurants were either shut or open but with no customers. We took this as a good sign.

The outside terrace gives good view of the town and a beach which stretches a long way. Now in our party of 4 one person had just 2 glasses of wine wine whilst the remaining 3 consumed 2 bottles of wine between them and one main course each. Therefore the price -40 Euros- is fair but not a bargain. However the food was good and the white wine came with an ice bucket, which was nice. One of the party had squid rings and a salad. Look at the menu board on the wall of the hotel to see the 'specials of the day'. This way keeps the cost down.

The waiter serving spoke enough English to get the order correct and was polite. The service was a little slow but then we were in no hurry enjoying each others' company. Also if you were single and in no rush the patio is small enough to be friendly and so you can take your time. By night the lights of the beach front are pretty but with a light wind coming off the sea you would want to eat inside or dress to protect from the cold.

Actually the place is a hotel with sea views and the Lady running it was friendly. I saw no dogs and no children but I cannot imagine that children would be unwelcome and you can find a corner to collapse your buggy. As this town is off the tourist map for most then you should be able to find table without a problem but in high season you would want to eat inside. I did not see sunshades over the patio.

There is some street parking and NOTE that in high season you pay a parking charge at the street parking meter so take some change/coins with you. Give yourself time to find a parking space.

The toilets inside marked "Servicios" are wheelchair accessible but the access door could be wider. The toilet furniture was clean and modern, which always improves the experience.

Enjoy and don't forget to walk a bit of the beachside promenade after your meal.

Salobrena Castle with stunning views is no more than 20 minutes drive east afterwards. Look it up on trip advisor.

Enjoy the weather in this offbeat part of Spain and remember don't rush just enjoy the moment.

Chris & Friends

Room Tip: Ask for a bedroom on the front with a sea view but also on a high floor just in case promenaders or traffic might create noise
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 October 2014

Just a brief review to thank Mercedes, her husband and staff for a pleasant stay at the Arrayanes Playa. The hotel is fairly basic but the rooms are spacious, very clean, boosts one of the most powerful showers in history and the staff were very efficient, with anything required. Everything was always done with a smile, which is always appreciated. The hotel is well positioned for walks along the promenade, sun loungers on the beach, (4 euro), restaurants and bars. If staying in Almunecar, I will of course stay here again. I also recommend having a few drinks in the hotel bar, as they delivered some nice tapas, which of course are free in the province of Granada! Buena Suerte! Gary.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a good view, rooms at the rear are cool and tranquil, but with a view of a rock face.
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I booked this hotel on spec because it's location seemed to suit my needs. I wanted somewhere where I could walk without too many hills; where I could eat some Spanish food and where I could really relax. I arrived to a very friendly reception from Mercedes and the more I got too know the hotel and it's staff I realized that it was JUST WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR! Great views from all the balcony rooms; good food both in the hotel and in the town. What's more I walk without any great difficulty, there was always a place to stop and rest if I needed to and people watch. My brief stay was soon at an end and with an early I had said goodbye Mercedes and the rest of the staff the night before. My airport limo was early and the preparation of the fresh packed lunch didn't quite coincide with the limo having to leave. Next time I will get a later flight home! I WILL CERTAINLY GO AGAIN.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony they all overlook the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 September 2014

Was so happy to stay here! The staff were lovely especially Mercedes who went beyond her call of duty! Excellent service and the food was lovely. Beautiful views, very pretty views. The pool was a little cold and a hassle to get to, and no sun loungers. The little town is nearby and lots of places for eating but we did eat here and no problems. Breakfast basic but good.Would stay again. Beaches a bit pebbly though and it was quite windy while we stayed here as well on the beach but all in all good experience. Thanks to Mercedes for her hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family