“Lovely ambiance ”

Restaurant Curia Reial SL.
Ranked #8 of 28 Restaurants in Besalu
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant this evening - at the end of a week long trip around the region.

The setting was lovely. We sat in the outside terrace overlooking the river. The service was superb. Charming waiters whose English was excellent. The food was good - nothing amazing, but good cooking. We had calamari to start and then the Arroz - both good - although we've eaten better in Spain. But the overall atmosphere and setting made it a nice evening.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

A surprisingly big restaurant offering either tapas or a la carte dining, with a nice terrace overlooking the fortified bridge into Besalu, tables looking out into the small square, or tables inside the bar area, which has a pool table and vending machines. Service was a little slow, considering how few diners there were, but the staff were helpful when we ordered. The food was just a bit below average compared to what we'd eaten elsewhere, but we were only after something quick and easy so it was ok. I reckon with more time to explore Besalu you'd find better food elsewhere. But, the view over the bridge is top class.

1  Thank JN68
Reviewed 17 May 2017

May 13, 2017:

I made a trip to the town because the restaurant was recommended. At lunch I was
given the à Ia carte menu only to see the prix-fixe one with better selection and much
lower price given to the Catalan-speaking customers at the next table. I ordered 50 cl of sparkling water but was given 1 I of flat until I inquired; and I was charged for the larger bottle. I paid €1.50 for a dry roll I didn't order.

The €10 onion soup was nowhere near as good as I get in rural France for €5, and the €20 main course "sort of like paella" (there was no English-language version of the menu) was slimy and tasteless. No one asked how I was enjoying my meal, as was done for the table of Catalonians next to me. I was clearlv the tourist who didn't merit respect. Mv tab was €32, without dessert. The 3-course menu the next table enjoyed was €29.50.

1  Thank RickUWS
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We try a seasonal menú for 25€ (with wine and dessert included). With good quality and service, this restaurant has a terrace with a beautiful view of Besalu's old bridge.

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

The view is the best of the town,service was great,order the caneloni with cod,croquettes with mushroom and calamari asturiano style,then the main dish Turbot grilled,
Wine was excellent and the price better,Higley recommend