“Best Dessert Experience ”
Review of Volt

Volt
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 409 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

I spent the day in Frederick and decided to walk around the Main St area and came across Volt Restaurant. I had already eaten dinner elsewhere but was so intrigued by their dessert menu I could not pass it by. So glad I did. I was able to enjoy dessert outside in their terrace and thoroughly enjoyed it...from the presentation, fresh and unique ingredients to the service. The foodie in me was so happy...yes great food just does it for me. Cant wait to return with reservations for an elegant evening of dining.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

The atmosphere was nice. The service was good -- professional but not stiff. The wine list is pretty comprehensive and has some very good choices, though the markups are, in some cases, more than I think they should be. The food was very good. Interesting preparations, creativity, something for everyone (meat, fish, vegetarian, etc.). And it all seemed very fresh. But the portions were too small, other than deserts. I would have liked more food. There are lots of excellent restaurants these days that also feed you enough food that you leave full. I might try one of those next time. For $300 +, for two, I should leave reasonably full. But, still, Volt was a good experience.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

Had just the best experience at the Volt. Brunch is so delicious and well paced. You truly feel like a guest at the restaurant and not just a customer. The seasonal menu keeps us coming back time after time.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We treated ourselves to their prix fixe Sunday (or Saturday) brunch, a more affordable way, for many of us, to enjoy Brian Voltaggio's house made, locally sourced cuisine. From the bloody Marys to the blueberry coffee cake, the eggs were the creamiest, the sauces were the lightest, and the flavors were exquisitely orchestrated. It wasn't our first Sunday morning visit and it won't be our last!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

My wife and I had our anniversary dinner at the famed Table 21, which is also known as the Chef's table. Reservations have to be made a month in advance by calling the restaurant. Information about this can be found on their website. Making the reservation was actually much easier than I'd anticipated.
The night of the dinner, we were treated like VIPs. Throughout the 15 course dinner, they were always happy to explain everything that they brought out, and the cooks seemed to be happy to chat as well (when they weren't busy). Every single course was an absolute delight, and their drink pairings were awesome, too. I don't have a fancy-pants palate, so take that with a grain of salt, but it was a great experience with amazing food and super friendly staff. My wife and I are already talking about going back next year, and maybe making a tradition of this for our anniversary.

Been to Volt? Share your experiences!