“Amazing Food!”
Review of Volt

Volt
Reserve with OpenTable
Volt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Between 2nd and 3rd Street
Description: VOLT offers guests a menu of modern American cuisine. The focus of our cuisine is based on classic flavor combinations, creating sophisticated dishes that emphasize purity and seasonal flavors that are based on fundamental and innovative cooking techniques. VOLT's relationship with local artisan farmers ensures availability of products to fulfill the philosophy behind the menu, in a refined, historic venue where classic meets modern. By design, the restaurant follows along the original footprint of the mansions first floor parlors. Both the 38 seat main dining room and the bar/lounge open off the foyer. The original mosaic tile in the foyer was the inspiration behind the warm monochromatic color palette that adorns the finishes in VOLT. Private dining can be hosted in the conservatory offering views of the expansive courtyard. The 700 square foot kitchen afforded space to include up to 20 guests.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have been here twice for lunch, and each time the food and the service was excellent. The menu changes and for me that it great. I like the different variety and the adult milkshakes? HELLO! Yes! All in all. Weather breakfast, lunch or dinner you will not go wrong with Volt.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Love going to Volt for brunch & dinner! Great food & impeccable service every time!! Lovely atmosphere in beautiful old building in downtown Frederick, MD. Everyone treats you as an honored guest here!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Dublin Roasters is hands down my favourite cafe outside the main downtown Frederick (Market Street and close surrounding area). It is a "destination cafe." Always full of interesting and engaged people, the atmosphere is fabulous. Saturdays a French speaking group hangs there, eats, drinks, and is merry. Sometimes on weekends they have live music. The decor is wonderful, everchanging and always has local artist offerings for sale. The house coffee is excellent and endless! But my favourite dish - that I eat only at Dublins, is the Foxy Loxy! It is a salmon and lox bagel that is so good, every single mouthful is heaven. I often share it, so when I do, I ask for half of both the top and the bottom of the bagel because that makes it perfect! Service is quick, extremely friendly and the atmosphere is lovely. Dogs are loved and welcomed here. There is both inside and outside seating so there is always a place to sit. Dublin is very clued in to the community and all its happenings and promotes, but does not ever push specific causes. They have got the perfect balance of food, fun and community.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This place has always been worth the trek from DC, and I still consider it superior to the restaurants this chef has now added in DC. The attentive staff will be the first exceptional experience you notice, and then the food will just blow you away! There is not one thing on the menu that will give you a bad experience, so order away and enjoy!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We had a really great experience when we dined here. We were there as a couple and had an early reservation, right around the time they opened. I prefer eating either early or late so it's not crazy. Not sure how attentive the service is during the rush times but it was very attentive for us early in the evening on a Sunday. Attentive but without being overly formal.

We ordered the tasting menu and had a great variety of very tasty and beautifully plated dishes. I only ordered an a la carte glass of wine so I can't speak to the wine pairings. The waitress suggested a very nice dry white for me that I enjoyed.

We had an interesting amuse bouche - small round puffs of green onion meringue with dots of red onion glace and a dill sprig, filled with a foie gras mousse. This was actually one of my favorite dishes of the evening, and it was just the amuse! It melted in my mouth, the flavors were wonderfully balanced.

Our favorites were the savory duck carbonara, the beet salad, hangar steak (with onions, brown butter, and pickled leeks - fantastic flavor combinations and tender, medium rare done beef), and the passionfruit/mango/black sesame dessert. The chocolate-cinnamon ganache was also very tasty.

I didn't love the yellowfin tuna tartare. It was served with very large chunks and the chunks were tough to chew. I had some issues trying to eat this dish. I also didn't love the foie gras dish. The strawberry/pistachio combination was somehow cloyingly sweet. The presentation was beautiful though.

We finished with cups of coffee which was lovely and strong, good quality. They brought us out a pre-dessert consisting of a toasted coconut-rolled pineapple sorbet with toasted marshmallow. It was pretty good. They also followed up dessert with a dish of petit fours, and then a homemade chocolate chip cookie to take home.

The dining room never got packed or overly loud. I don't know if they stagger their reservations to accomplish this, or if the acoustics are just really good. The restrooms were pretty and modern, right by the kitchen.

Overall this was a fantastic experience and the dishes have multiple layers of complementary flavors that add to their experience. We would love to return, but it can't be frequent because it's on the pricey side. A great overall experience for us.