“Great Crabcake and seafood ”
Review of Dutch's Daughter

Dutch's Daughter
Ranked #1 of 407 Restaurants in Frederick
Price range: US$10 - US$56
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: You come first at Dutch's and it's our mission to maintain the distinction of being your first choice in dining. Whether it's a casual luncheon, romantic dinner for two, that special dinner party, or the ultimate reception, our tradition of quality and excellence is assured. Each day we strive to improve the high excellence already set. All entrees are prepared to your individual order using only the finest quality ingredients and freshest products available. Dutch's Specialties include Seafood, Crab Cakes, Steaks, and Poultry.
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

We met some friends at Dutch's Daughter and had a wonderful meal. We were a party of six including kids and one toddler. Because we were coming in off the road, we requested a table in the dungeon, a more casual setting ... there was a little mix-up on our reservation as they thought we had reserved for the main dinning room. The staff was great and quickly resolved the issue with polite efficiency!

The food was great and the staff knew how to recommend and serve kids and adults. The crab cake is the best I've had, meaty and well seasoned. Our bill was on the high side, so not a choice for every day dining, but the quality and quantity of food was excellent and the service was flawless.

Most come here for seafood and steak, but for those loyal chicken eaters, the teriyaki chicken with pineapple is especially good!

1  Thank Bradford L

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

For many years i have enjoyed Dutch's Daughters. I was, quite honestly shocked to be served. ..less than quality crab cakes. ... . 1st time with my wife and totally inferior to G & M in Baltimore. The price was absurd for processed crab meat
$40 for 2 ( I attempted to contact discreetly via FB with no response ) IMO we should been informed if they were out of crab meat. Because TripAdvisor asks, here is my experience.

1  Thank abettorbob
Reviewed 22 June 2016

I loved everything about my lunch at Dutch's Daughter. It is in a lovely setting, the food was outstanding and service was top rate. I am a true Marylander and have eaten cream of crab soup in many places, but the soup I had at Dutch's Daughter was the best of anywhere. My crab cake was excellent too. This restaurant is a little pricey but well worth the cost.

1  Thank JAW42
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

This place surprised me as it is the reverse of most restaurants - at Dutch's Daughter the decor signals a "solid", above average kind of place, but the food is actually outstanding. The atmosphere is warm and friendly, and there are a fair amount of families present, which is saying something given that it's not cheap. I had the filet and crab cake, and both were absolutely outstanding. The filet was cooked perfectly and exploding with flavor, and the crab cake was meaty without fillers, and stood on its own. The bread was warm and the bacon wrapped scallop appetizer was great. It was a great meal.

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

While the food was outstanding, our server made it perfect!! She offered the iced tea drinkers sugar steeped in boiling water, which made it like the old fashion sweet tea in the south. Our portions were enormous; I believe all 6 members of our party took home a bag. My soft shell crabs were prepared expertly, and this is the only place I have ever had 3 crabs per serving.
We wouldn't change a thing!!

1  Thank Manmap