“Neither Crisp nor Juicy”
Review of Crisp & Juicy

Crisp & Juicy
Ranked #188 of 423 Restaurants in Frederick
Reviewed 27 April 2016 via mobile

We arrived at noon on the weekend to this restaurant, which is part of a small chain of establishments in the DC Metro area. It was not particularly crowded. The highlight of the meal was the fried yuca. It was fried fresh and was super crisp. However, the chicken despite the claim in the name, had skin which was rubbery and the meat was a few minutes away from being dry and overcooked. It seemed to have been in a steamer for a good bit of time. The salad and the sauces were disappointing. There are better places for Peruvian chicken in Frederick.

Reviewed 19 March 2016

I got the Italiano Chicken Sandwich...was pretty good flavor especially with the mild sauce added on. The stir-fried looking rice and chicken looked very good but did not try on this visit. Service was pleasant and pretty quick for it being freshly prepared. A good fast/casual type option.

Reviewed 12 November 2015

We arrived rather late in the evening, it was close to 9PM. Outside sign not working. Thought it was closed. Looked deserted inside. We entered with another customer. All three of us waited at the counter for someone to come from the back area to serve us. It was a several minute wait. Both of us had the chicken. Quite disappointing. Overwhelming taste of sodium and no other spice. Bland is the one word to describe it. The yuca had been sitting a while and tasted greasy. had a heavy oil taste about it. The cole slaw was tasteless. Side salad was good. We had inca cola and chicha to drink. Once seated we were the only patrons in the store. The staff was busy getting ready for the 10:00 PM close. lifting chairs all around us and mopping floors. Very annoying. Like they wish we would leave. trash can near our table taped shut ??????? had to walk on wet floor to other side of eating area to dispose of trash. We don't like to have others clean up after us. Reported the missing outdoor light.. When we left we saw the light on the name of the restaurant was on again. Wanted to go back in to tell them but the door was locked as it was 9:57PM. Definitely not a late night eatery. Our meal for two with discount coupon = $22.00.

Reviewed 7 November 2015 via mobile

Absolutely delicious. The name says it all and it's the closest to the real Peruvian style chicken. I would eat this chicken everyday if I could!

Reviewed 25 August 2015

There is something about rotisserie chicken that brings me back to my childhood.This place is absolutely the best, not only was the chicken juicy but it tasted just like the way my tastes buds remembered it. I chose fries as my side and they were also delicious and not greasy at all, My friend ate the chorizo sandwich and believe me when I say he is the pickiest eater in the world, and he loved it. The place was spotless and everyone was really friendly and helpful, everyone greeted us with a smile. I have been back a couple of times and I've always been glad we stopped by. I would recommend this place to everyone!!!!