All reviews front desk free breakfast would stay here again indoor pool movie theater nice hotel cookies waffles wedding weekend bed was comfortable the francis scott key mall nice area breakfast area hotel is located exercise room clean rooms night's sleep
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Area hotels seemed busy during Easter. Made a reservation for a double queen room. Checkin was easy and room met expectations. The hotel and room were clean. Our room was located on the 3rd floor above the outdoor patio. We could hear outside guests past midnight. Turned on the room's heating/cooling unit for 'continuous fan' to help add white noise, but still would hear loud voices and laughs. Breakfast choice of yogurt, eggs, sausage, fruit, waffles, juice. Did not have a chance to use the indoor pool. When staying, request a room away from the outdoor patio. Suggestion to have outdoor patio rules on noise and hours.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the outdoor patio
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
aheerd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Frederick Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott. Please accept my sincerest apologizes for the noise disturbance that occurred during your stay I do understand how frustrating that could be. I was happy to hear that your room was clean and service was quick and smooth and your overall experience was good. I hope when your travels bring you back to the Frederick area you will choose the Fairfield Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The hotel is easily accessible from interstate, clean rooms, comfortable king bed and the best hotel breakfast I've had for awhile. Both hot and cold choices. The pool was heated and the area clean. The Wi-Fi worked well. The front desk personnel were friendly and helpful and occasionally cookies were on the counter. It would be nice to have coffee available during the day. We enjoyed our stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
aheerd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

I would like to thank you for all your positive feedback on your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Frederick MD. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with great service, friendly staff and that all the amenities we offer met your needs. When your travels bring you to the Frederick area we look forward to seeing you again.

Amy Heerd

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Front desk staff are very nice. Breakfast was yummy. The room was clean and the beds comfy. The pool could’ve been a little cleaner. There are small details in the bathroom that maintenance needs to look at. We would stay again. This time though we’d ask for the top floor. We could hear all the footsteps of the people in the room above us.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
aheerd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

I would like to thank you for all your positive feedback on your stay with us at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott in Frederick MD. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable stay with great service, friendly staff and that all the amenities we offer met your needs. I will definitely have our maintenance team check the room to corrected any items in the room and thank you for letting us know. When your travels bring you to the Frederick area we look forward to seeing you again.

Amy Heerd

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stayed here on New Year's Eve on our way to Florida. I payed for the room using Priceline, as a last minute booking. The process was pretty straight forward; my card was hit for incidentals, which was fine. The next morning, I read a text on my phone from CC, which reads, my card was hit for the cost of the room, again, but this time from Marriott. I walked over to the front desk and was greeted by the manager. She explained that it was a mistake, because of the "timing," of when the transaction occurred, the Marriott System also charged me for the room, but that it wasn't an actual charge, just a "hold." Well, of course, now there are two "holds," on my CC, along with the charge of the room from Priceline. The manager was kind and courteous, however, discretion and confidentiality where not a priority, as everyone in the room heard, "I can call the CC company and see about expediting the CC hold." Maybe it's a tactic they employ on getting you out of their hair, I don't know. In any case, for the life of me, I do not understand how in 2018 hotels are still un-able to correct their mistakes in real time, and not hold your credit hostage for 7-10 days.

The room (104) was not good. It was small, and the beds were not comfortable, not were the pillows. The bathroom was disgusting, the ceiling was fouled and coming apart from old water damage. Fixtures inside the shower were damaged and had visible, residual, human hair collected about, and for the life of me, I have no idea what this fixture may have been. Old soap bar(s) remained from previous use, however, the room appeared refreshed, just missing some portions.

Overall, this hotel is okay, just be careful with the processing of your CC and be leerry of poor room quality.

One last thing: I called Marriott Rewards, as I am a member, and when they called the hotel manager, she denied the room as having visible damage. I offered MR picture evidence, they declined the need and stated that "we believe you." Not sure what that was about.

~Mike

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Pacviajante
aheerd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn & Suites, Frederick. I fully understand your frustration with the check in procedure and authorization of your credit card for your reservation. I am very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused while traveling. Thank you for your feedback with your guest room. We will share this information with the proper departments.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Nice hotel, clean and well maintained. We especially enjoyed a good night's sleep on a very comfortable bed (and that's important, and rarely the case in many places). Very nice and friendly staff. We will be back next time we travel through your neighborhood.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
aheerd, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Frederick, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018