“OUTSTANDING EATS!”

Mayta's Peruvian Cuisine
Ranked #4 of 429 Restaurants in Frederick
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

I needed to feed about 30-40 hungry friends and family for a surprise 50th birthday for my wife, so I turned to Jorge Velasquez and his team at Mayta's to do the hard work - with 2 day's notice, Jorge was able to whip up some very tasty pollo, tender lomo saltado, perfectly flavored chaufa, standard black beans and rice, and some of the VERY BEST CEVICHE MIXTO that I or any of my family or friends have ever tasted - in fact, some at the party who are not seafood eaters and never had ceviche before went back for seconds (and thirds). This was our first time trying Jorge's culinary creations, and our first impression was WOW. This guy knows his stuff - mind you, I am not a Peruvian, but I (and many of my friends) have been to the country several times, and we are familiar with the national tastes. Jorge is the real deal. Next adventure with our new amigos at Mayta's? To try their pisco sours; too bad FredCo makes it so difficult to get Cusquena or Cristal, otherwise we would declare Mayta's the entire Peruvian package. Regardless - if you are yearning for some fresh Peruvian classics or are just starting your South American tasting tour, let Jorge show you what they can do - you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Thanks to reviews posted on TripAdvisor, we chose this restaurant for dinner during our overnight stay in Frederick. It proved to be a great choice.

The restaurant was not easy to find because it was located in Westview Center an enormous shopping mall. We finally found it on the third drive-through. We were expecting it to be a large separate building. It was in a suite in a long row of stores.

Mayta had indoor and outdoor seating. We chose indoors as the night was getting cool.

Once inside, we were greeted and seated promptly.

The décor was modern bistro. The restaurant had been in business at this location for under a year, so everything was practically new. The place was very clean.

Beverage orders were taken within a minute. Food orders were taken a few minutes later when drinks arrived.

My friend and I decided to have the same dinner special called Carne Parrillero at $13.00. Parrillero is Spanish for grilling or BBQ. The entrée was beef with Peruvian spices. It was served with flavored rice and vegetables.

It was about a 15-minute wait for our meals.

Everything was well prepared and absolutely delicious. Service was great.

During a lull in orders going into the kitchen, Jorge, the very personable owner/chef, stopped by all the tables to greet his clientele personally. We chatted with him briefly.

We thoroughly enjoyed our meals here. We’d eat here again when in the same area.

We rate Mayta Peruvian Cuisine a solid 5.0.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

1  Thank Maurene_K
Reviewed 16 November 2016

Authentic Peruvian cuisine. The ambience could be better. Wait staff was attentive. Chef was proud of his food.

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

The food was Fantastic and the service was delightful and prompt. I will definitely come back. Very enjoyable!!

Reviewed 12 November 2016 via mobile

We got there with ten people. They were very accommodating. Server was very good and patient. Food was prepared well and I have never had better authentic Peruvian cuisine. A+