“SOOOOOO Good”

La Fonda
Ranked #15 of 48 Restaurants in Camp Verde
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 September 2017

This is the second time i have eaten here and both times the food was exceptional. My husband had not eaten there before and has a favorite Mexican Food Restaurant in Sedona where we live. After we ate there Thursday afternoon with a friend, he agreed with me that the food( he had an enchilada and a shredded beef taco) was better than his favorite. Service was very good and prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I have been earing here for almost 20 years. I love Mary and the rest of the family...and we are ALWAYS treated like gold here. I work for the Court and they always, always serve us in a very timely manner. The cheese crisp are to die for. I have eaten literally everything on their menu at one time or another, and I have NEVER had a bad meal at La Fonda. The hot hot sauce is killer and I love it. If you live in Phoenix and haven't tried this treasure, be sure to get out of the heat and into the hot!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

A great place to eat with great service. A bit out of the way but all the locals find it. No frills or thrills just great food. On the way to Cottonwood or Jerome on the right side at Horseshoe Bend

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Great spot for a home made Mexican meal, reasonably priced as well. All the dishes are delicious. It is a local favorite so be aware at lunch and dinner it gets busy.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

I love La Fonda's food and try to find an excuse to drive up from Phoenix every few months for a visit. While the food is always good, the service is and always has been mediocre bordering on downright unfriendly. We went for lunch today and discovered that they now charge $1 for salsa after the first complimentary bowl, which is about 1/4 cup. Seriously? Lunch isn't cheap (specials are around $9-$11, which is expensive in my book). We had to ask twice for water. Extra napkins were never brought and we had to pilfer them from another table. I had to ask at the register for a to-go container because the bus person never brought one and the owner acted a little put out when I asked for two. I love La Fonda, but don't like the bad service. Still, it saves a lot on tipping . . .