This hotel will suit holiday makers who like to laze about in hot sunshine. We don't so it was not our cup of tea. There are no walks around the hotel which is cut into the hillside with lots of steps over various levels in a barren location.
It is approximately 1000m downhill to Ovacik and a continuation brings you to Hisanoru which is a more lively location with lots of shops, bars and restaurants. A taxi back is 15 To. Buses to either Oludeniz or Fethiyecost 7.5 To
Concerning the Hotel, the first room we were allocated was a delux magic room, very large but the balcony was a 5 foot square box like a prison cell. Mrs P could barely look over the front and if you sat down you could see nothing.
We refused this and was moved one floor down which had a large wrap around balcony, this room are far too large and could accept 4 beds but other is very little storage space.
One wardrobe with two drawers and a safe and two very small drawers either side of the bed. So we placed certain items on chairs.
The bathroom had a toilet pan so high if you sat down your legs were swinging. There was a Jacuzzi bath but this continually leaked which was never cured. Room 7302.
This was located in the main hotel block above the restaurant, but the lift to these floors and above was permanently broken. We consider these rooms are not worth paying extra. More worthwhile rooms are the standard rooms overlooking the bottom pool and bar area.
The food was well below a 4 star standard with every thing very cheap and bitty, the food is aimed at children and Turkish clients with lots of cheap salad and meat balls. Roast near means flat meat balls roasted, roast chicken was oblong flat chicken burgers.
Omelettes were available for breakfast. We had fish one evening which they said was mackerel, the next night the same fish was called trout. We did not enjoy one meal in our ten days.
The drinks are passable but the brandy is local paint stopped, gin and tonic OK.
There are 4 pools, one very small adults pool at the front of the hotel two swim up pools and a bottom level popular pool but not the cleanest, and dangerously slippy with all the spillage around the walk areas. This is also the early and late evening drinks area.
There is an entertainment area called an amphitheatre, but this is just a rectangular stepped area not a try amphitheatre.
We would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A place where you feel yourself in peace and tranquillity. You will enjoy sunbathing around the pool under the shining sun on a breezy plateau overlooking the village with stunning mountain view in daytime and sunset view in evening.The ideal location of this hotel provides you with the best weather you may find in this area as it leans against the forest on the skirts of Para gliders most popular mountain, this altitude makes the sunbathing here more joyful and pleasant compared to the destinations in both Fethiye and Oludeniz characterised by high humidity and scorching sun in high summer season.It is just 10 minutes drive (4 km) to the famous Oludeniz Beach at Blue Lagoon and at the same distance to Calis Beach in Fethiye. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Sunshine Holiday Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunshine Holiday Hotel Ovacik
- Sunshine Holiday Fethiye
- Sunshine Holiday Resort Turkey/Ovacik