“Highly recommend”
other travellers have booked this property
Mountain Valley Kitchen Mountain Valley View
Ovacik, Oludeniz, Mugla Province, Turkish Aegean Coast

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 80 reviews

Reviews from our community

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Any
Ellie R
Sidcup, United Kingdom
“Highly recommend”
Reviewed 4 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

Lovely apartments just a short walk away from Hisaronu. We arrived late Sunday evening and was greeted by a young gentleman showing us to our apartment. The following morning we woke up to glorious views with our apartment overlooking the pool on one balcony and the other overlooking the restaurant/entrance. These apartments have a very laid back feel and you can come and go as you please. The pool area is lovely and clean with plenty of sun beds available. The wifi is excellent, we had great connection 24/7. We arranged the transfer from and to Dalaman airport through Mountain Valley which was fast and simple when arriving at Dalaman. Me and my partner booked this last minute so was unsure what to expect but we were both taken back and was very pleased with our stay here at Mountain Valley. We would definitely recommend these apartments to our family and friends. We look forward to returning in the future.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
285suzann...
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“What can I say....”
Reviewed 22 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

It was our first time to Turkey so did a bit of research and narrowed my search down to 2 properties to stay in around the Hisaronu area. I asked for opinions from people on a social media group that I had found and MV came highly recommended. So I booked us in for a 10 night stay beginning July 25th.
We arrived quite late at night but was welcomed at the entrance by 2 or 3 very helpful young men. We were taken to our apartment which we found was lovely. Spacious, clean and very well maintained. The air conditioning was very good and the wifi was instantly available (very important with two teens) these were both free of charge.
When we got up the next morning WOW.... we was astonished at how gorgeous the complex was, and the scenery around it was very picturesque. The terraces were sheltered with peach tree's amongst many other fruit and beautiful greenary everywhere. The pool is set in the centre making it visible from both small apartment blocks.
It was like our very own little piece of paradise.
The restaurant and bar area is very spacious with seating inside and outside, 2 pool tables and a table tennis table were all free of charge and they also have a large projector screen. We had a full English Breakfast every morning and several evening meals that were all delicious. If you wanted to not leave the complex for your whole stay you could do so easily. I chose to have a day by myself while the rest of the family went on a trip.
The MV is about a 10-15 walk down hill to Ovacik and Hisaronu where there are plenty of shops bar's restaurants etc. There is also the local bus service that will take you to Oladeniz and Fetiye for just a couple of pound. The taxi service is really accessible in the main road in Hisaronu and cost about £3 for the ride back up to the MV- this was usually me as the others preferred to walk back.
There was only one thing wrong with the holiday...it wasn't long enough :) we are in the process of booking again and will be staying for at least 2 weeks next year, possibly 3.
I would highly recommend the Mountain Valley and have already done so to all my friends. Thank You to all the staff at MV for a wonderful holiday.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole complex and how it has been designed and maintained is wonderful
Liked least: Cant think of a thing
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
sylvia196...
Scotland, United Kingdom
“little piece of heaven”
Reviewed 21 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

my family and I stayed here in july and my daughter got married here, everything was perfect from the start , great staff great location , great food , never rowdy , mostly very quiet and peaceful , special mention to donna who arranged my daughters wedding , she done a fantastic job and made the day/night just perfect ! . also the cleaner Selma , always had a smile for everyone and just loved a hug and kiss from my wee granddaughter all in all a great holiday in a great place

Travelling group: Extended Family
Melissa D
London, United Kingdom
“Mountain Valley - 7th time around, just as lovely as the 1st”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Sorry for taking 7 visits to write a review, I guess it is just because after so many visits, Mountain Valley, Adem, Sally, Donna, Yener, all the regular the staff, the expats (you know who you are!) and many return visitors feel like family, so it feels a bit funny writing a review!

Over the years we've visited MV in September, May and July, we started visiting with a young family (highchairs / wheeling a baby around the pool) to kids who can swim and run around the complex freely and safely.

MV suits all sorts of people who want to have a nice quiet(ish) time - young families, big families, young couples, girlfriends having a break, older couples whose kids have left home. We typically stay in one of the villas, which are just up the road with lovely grounds and a pool each...yet MV is only a quick walk to the supermarkets/shops/bars of Hisaranu.

I'm not sure what there is to not like about MV, so I will focus on what there is to like.

Staff - friendly, accommodating, helpful, nothing too much trouble - if there's something wrong with your food or apartment, don't be British - just tell one of the staff that speaks good English (Adem/Sally, owners, Donna, Yener, Sabi) and you will find that things get sorted straight away.

Facilities - lovely plants and foliage - oleander, bougainvillea, fruit trees - clean, large swimming pool is great, kids pool, jacuzzi, plenty of sun beds, TV/screen inside, pool table, table tennis, small library, massage chair (every 8 year old's dream..).

Food - OUTSTANDING - great quality / value / portions / choice - everyone has their favourites there, and they all great - choices cover English / Turkish / Italian / French style, all come with fresh vegetables, salad and rice. Then, if you want to vary something on the menu, all is accommodated (e.g making a starter a main size) and I've been there so many times, I go off menu sometimes too e.g. the chef does great breakfast menemen - not on the menu, but definitely worth a try if you like comfort food and eggs! I recall once, Adem arrange for someone to have goat, not normally on the menu, but someone really wanted to try it!

I have eaten several times away from MV, but you can rarely beat it, so while I am there (we usually split our stay with another location) I just go somewhere else for a change of scenery, rather than anything else!

Just one thing - WIFI is available all over the apartment area but not the villas themselves.

Thank you MV for giving my family a reliable repeated great holiday in Turkey!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
TonyA802
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely spot”
Reviewed 14 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We booked the transfer service directly with owners and this worked well. This cost £100 (we took Sterling) both ways and we would highly recommend this.

We booked the top floor apartment which was fairly spacious and thankfully had AC. My wife and I had the bedroom and my 18 son had the pull out bed in the living area, there were two bathrooms which was very helpful. Bit of a drag up two flights of stairs which was no issue for us but might be a problem for the less mobile. Generally happy with the apartment however, the only gripe is that the cooking facilities were very limited which did not allow us to eat in as much as we would have liked. Lots of frying pans but no pots to boil things was a pain. Portable electric hob was ok but the unit for grilling was not very effective.

The complex itself is positioned in a beautiful spot close to the mountain, the pool very well maintained and the complex as a whole spotlessly clean. Plenty of attentive staff so service was good. Bar area was very good with TV to watch sport if that way inclined and pool and table tennis tables. Food and drinks were good and very reasonable prices around half price compared with the UK.

We understand that tourism is down around 50% so we had the resort to ourselves on the whole which was nice.

The only trip we did was the organised visit to the mud baths and beach which was excellent value at £20 per head and included transport, a very involved guide, entry to mud bath and lunch, can't go wrong.

The local town of Hisarönü is a 10-15 minute walk away and has plenty of places to eat and drink. Again prices are great value compared with the UK. Again, bit of a trek which was ok for us but might be a problem for others, taxis were cheap so no problem really.

All in all a great holiday at a gem of a resort which extremely helpful owners and staff and great value for money with stuff costing around 50% less than the UK. Such a shame that tourism has been impacted so much as we felt totally safe at all times and thought the locals were extremely friendly.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$36
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing