“Amazing BBQ and great fun!”

Minuteman Smokehouse & Grill
Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Morristown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 June 2015

We stumbled upon this little gem while we were road tripping through the Jersey countryside on our way to Valley Forge. This is a true family restaurant that is getting it right. The Minuteman was recently bought by an energetic couple who are investing in the menu and in the atmosphere of a country kitchen/diner and it shows. I expect Guy Fieri to walk in the door at any moment....

Why I give it 5 stars:
SImply, the food is excellent and at a reasonable price! The service is terrific! Evidently they have hired a lot of staff as they were practically bumping into each other. Never had to wait.

The BBQ. To die for: I had the pulled pork sandwich on brioche roll. yum. Ribs...Killer. Scott, the owner, smokes the meats himself in the back. More importantly, the rub and the sauces are his own concoctions. Something about maple sugar as the key ingredient...

The burgers are delish and made with fresh, grass fed, locally sourced beef. No frozen hockey pucks from industrial farms. You can feel good about eating delicious, natural foods from local farms.

The pies are amazing! Warmed apple pie a-la-mode... I couldn't fit it, but I managed to somehow put it down. Food coma...

In summary, support the Minuteman for the food. Then support it for what it stands for: Family owned, family run diner that buys and hires local. This is what America is about.

If you want to patronize a chain restaurant that looks at employees as cost centers and you as a profit center...well, try to enjoy the soul-less atmosphere of TGI Fridays, Otherwise have a great meal at the Minuteman!

2  Thank Gregcali

Reviewed 24 May 2015

This charming tucked away resturant is amazing! From when we were greeted to when we left the owner Marti was full of passion . My son and I had the chicken wings with a dry rub that was outstanding. Our main coursce was the ribs. The owner Scott has a smoker and his own rub which was something out of Texas in Morris County! Service was pleasantly warm and welcoming. We are going back!

1  Thank Pat S
Reviewed 21 May 2015

We decided to try the Minuteman on Rte. 202 since it it under new ownership, and we were pleasantly surprised. It's a casual eatery and a landmark in the Mendham area. The clam chowder was one of the best I've ever had. All food is expertly prepared. We'll return to try their barbecue menu very soon.

1  Thank kittenhead
Reviewed 6 May 2015

Went there for Lunch after a hike in Jockey Hollow (part of Morristown National Historical Park in Morristown). I and most of my friends had burgers. Food was Ok. The restaurant is convenient to where we hike so I will go back however based on the burger I do not think it is worth a special trip.

1  Thank L B
Reviewed 4 May 2015

This restaurant has had a revolution in the kitchen and the eating area has been spruced up as well - though there's still some renovation opportunities. My wife and I made an impromptu visit early evening on a Saturday. The menu had many new items; we went for the smoked ribs which were out of this world! The home made cole slaw was outrageously good too. We will be back!

2  Thank John P