All reviews no elevator breakfast room mt rainier complimentary wine clean rooms yogurt free breakfast large room evening wine biscuits and gravy first floor park entrance chain hotel hot breakfast waffle maker down the road would stay here again
Reviewed 18 November 2017

The interior of the accommodation looks when I was looking to stay near Mt Rainier. So we booked it.
The check in process was quick, and the receptionist was very friendly and helpful. We recommended a nice place for dinner on the day of our arrival. Our room was on the 2nd floor as we booked a king size bed. The room was really spacious, with a balcony. But we didn't have the chance to stay at the balcony was it was raining and cold. We don't have those sounds as mentioned by other traveler.
There is also a coffee machine. Bottled water and mint was given as part of the welcome gift. Breakfast was considered decent with hot food, and good selection.
The receptionist also provide us with information on where to visit before the Longmire gate was opened.
There is coffee, tea and hot chocolate provided in the lobby, next to the fireplace. It's really a very nice place to rest and relax in the evening. We really like this place. I highly recommend this place.

Room tip: King size room has balcony and is on the 2nd floor.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
prettygm, Manager at Nisqually Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

So glad you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the nice review! We hope to see you again in the future. :)

Brandie

Reviewed 17 November 2017

A quaint lodge in a sleep town perfect for those to get away from the city. The rooms have a hallway all connecting to a main entrance - no outside entry to the rooms (like a motel).

The staff were helpful and kind answering any questions and providing pointers on places to eat.

Pros:
Spacious rooms - clean
Modern amenities - hairdryer, coffee maker in room, mini-fridge and microwave
Free wine tasting
Descent breakfast
Main room is nicely done

Cons:
Rooms are still built off old hotel framework. You can hear your neighbors next door (faint sounds like dresser drawers opening/closing, and the opening/closing of the main door) and definitely hear them above if you are on the first floor.
The room is cooled/heated by an old wall/under window unit with analog temperature dial on the device ... no thermostat to give a temperature reading.
Pricier than other lodging nearby. However, they are touting a 3-star feel.

The bed was comfortable and to me that is important when claiming a star rating. The bed felt very much like a luxurious setup. However, I am been at 2-star lodging with the same feel.

The room was spacious to me and I liked the mini-fridge and microwave. The towels were a little scratchy - FYI. I am fine with that but just letting all know this. The coffee is Kirkland brand so if you are a fan of Costco you will be at home... if you are a fan of Sams you may be upset.

The free wine tasting was a treat. The wine must be consumed in the eating area -
but you can enjoy in the main lobby. I was informed that the wine was sourced from local providers but bought from Costco.

The breakfast was more than I expected but it is nothing of luxury. It was good. Yes, they have coffee, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bread, muffins, and a waffle maker. The biscuits were cold but eggs and gravy were hot. I have no idea if these were from Costco.....but if you follow the pattern above.

In summary the visit was enjoyable and if you don't mind hearing stomping feet above you (all depends on who is above you I guess) or next to you the stay should be quiet and relaxing. I am told I hear everything and I was able to tune it out for the most part (it didn't wake me up or anything).

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank travel_d2026
Reviewed 12 November 2017

There are not many hotels near Mt Rainier; the Nisqually Lodge is best in class by far. They go out of their way to help you out, including getting reservations at the Copper Creek Canyon restaurant. We received water and mint patties upon arrival. Enjoyed sitting by the fire in the lobby. Breakfast covered all the basics. In another part of the country this would be a four star Best Western-like experience. But when you see what else is available near Mt Rainier (including lodging in the park), this is by far your best option.

Room tip: No elevators, so if you have lots of luggage you should request a ground floor room.
Date of stay: September 2017
1  Thank StevenAllen
Reviewed 9 November 2017

I chose to stay here on the first part of my trip to Washington State. The price and proximity to Mt Rainier National Park were my selling points. I also read a few reviews first and it seemed to have a remote feel despite in being in a very small town (there isnt much).

I had originally booked two nights but because of the weather I decided to shorten it to one night. By the time I had left I wish I had stayed the second night.

When I arrived I was immediately greeted and check in was fast. The woman at the front desk was very helpful and gave me a suggestion on where to eat.

The floors were a bit noisy. I could hear myself walking around and the people above me. It wasnt too bad after hours though. The room was very big and clean as well.

The hotel provided complimentary wine from 5:30-7:30 and it was a nice touch. I dont drink wine but still participated. It was nice to sit by the fire place in the lobby and have a glass of wine while reading my book. They also had free breakfast in the morning which was the standard hotel breakfast.

The hotel was very quite over all and clean. The outside grounds were well kept as well. I enjoyed my stay and will most likely return.

Room tip: Ask for a second floor room. The floors are very noisy.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Lobby is also an intimate fireplace setting where you can kick back with a glass of wine or cup of coffee and just drink in the warm feeling. The rooms are plain, but clean and comfortable The staff is not only friendly, but live there. Basically they are sharing their home with you and take pride in having you as their guest. You can drive up under a covered entry to unload using stairs or ramp. There is an area to accommodate handicapped parking. Close to trees, you can smell the woods.in the early morning. Reminded us a bit of Ruidoso or Cloudcroft. They do not serve food, but there are several interesting places to eat just a hop skip and jump down the road. Wifi worked fine.

Room tip: First Floor Near Lobby