All reviewshard boiled eggskids swimmingcar troubleindoor pool and jacuzzihot tubcontinental breakfastclean sheetsserved its purposerooms are smallmini fridge and microwavefirst flooroatmealnice roomstayed here for nightsblack hillsminute drivemile
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We had a great stay. The front desk clerk, Drew (I do believe was his name) and the housekeeping staff did exceptionally during our stay. It was a little small but everything was neat and tidy. We had plentiful towels and everyone was rather friendly. Breakfast was crowded but hot. I would definitely recommend coming back. I've worked in three hotels and I've never seen such dedication. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles but a clean, affordable, decently staffed establishment is difficult to find. The pool is indoors and in this town it's difficult to get 24 hour front desk help and they constantly delivered. Great for kids and couples. I never had any issues with noise or anything to that extent. I hope the staff gets payed well for all their hard work.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

This is as standard as Econolodge gets in my experience. We had the presidential suite and suited needs for a family of five. The pool met the kids' needs and expectations and the hot tub was great for momma's back that had been in a car for more than 6 hours.

Rooms were clean, beds were decent. Bathroom towels are tiny so this was an issue after three kids went swimming and needed towels.

Breakfast was ok--hard boiled eggs were over boiled and/or old, as I think my three year old could have used them as a bouncy ball. There is a waffle maker though, so that saved breakfast.

Definitely not the worst place in town and the hotel staff really care about your needs and your experience. For the price, we'd stay there again, mostly because the only reasons we need hotel is to sleep and shower, and it was adequate...we are about the adventure!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

Everything was extremely run down and there was a piece of plywood covering a hole up in the ceiling in the hallway. The room had a dingy, not cleaned well feeling to it, it could have been just because of the age but it was quite disappointing. Also, from the website it made you feel like you like you might catch a glimpse of Mt Rushmore from some of the pictures but it was about 15 minutes away and completely not possible. The hotel was definitely in a less attractive area than the average tourist area as there was a run down trailer park across the street and random people just sitting on the side of the road. Nothing happened while we were there, but it was not an area where my husband was comfortable letting me run to the car for something by myself. I agree you get what you pay for, so I was expecting anything super nice but it was considerably below what I would expect for the price range.

There is a Ramada that is closer to the tourist things in Keystone that is in the same price range that I would stay at if we return.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Econo Lodge for two nights. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are small and a little dated but it is clean and the hotel itself was very quiet. Breakfast was okay - nothing fancy, but it was included in the stay. The hotel has a nice pool. It's an Econo Lodge - no bells and whistles, just the basics and since we only used the hotel for sleeping, it served its purpose!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

It was a very clean and nice room. A little smaller than we expected but for my husband and I, it was fine. The breakfast was very good. My husband had waffles and I had the danish. Very fresh and yummy. It had a nice playground and park right across the street. We had a mini family reunion so it was a nice place for 6 grandkids to play. Plus perfect for a picnic when my son and daughter and their other halves showed up. It had grills and we had a wonderful time.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family