“Fantastic views and atmosphere”
Review of Pistyll Rhaeadr

Pistyll Rhaeadr
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely clean place, beautiful falls and views from each side, and there was a lovely family atmosphere too. Walked both ways from the falls and each route way lovely. Price for the car park was a little steep at £4 and a little frustrating with inconsiderate people parking in the passing areas on the single track lane down to the falls.

All reviews
"beautiful location"
"sandwiches"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Firstly it is a single track for a fair few miles to get there with some potholes.... I would not like to say what happens with 20 cars or more for parking?! However this was not a problem for us only 3 cars when we got there, thankfully, I paid £3 for parking, from the cafe.
This waterfall is stunning, Along with the woodland area. You can't get a pram or a wheelchair around here AT ALL. We did the walk up to the top, I can not explain the amazing views from the top, don't go over the bridge to reach the top, go to the right.
Toilets were 20p per person, however spotless.
We travelled a hour & half to get here, well worth it in my opinion. We took our own picnic so can't comment on cafe prices.

1  Thank Anna-Maria O
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

So a Sunday afternoon walk up the falls resulted in me slipping and breaking my ankle. I could not thank phil from the cafe, for keeping me warm with blankets and calm reassurance. mountain rescue and the coast guard for their help in getting me to hospital. Hopefully one day we will be back for the stunning views but this time it will be from the cafe.

2  Thank Andrea H
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This waterfall and footpaths are still a wonderful walk and has good facilities. However, the access road is getting badly damaged I guess due to heavy tourist traffic and also the parking is now £4 which is creeping to the expensive side.
The roads need investment and perhaps consider capping the parking now?
However, the falls and walks around are still amazing and will never fail to amaze.