“Comfortable and right by the Mississippi”

Natchez Grand Hotel
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed at the Renaissance in Nashville as the third part of a Trafalgar tour of "Tastes & Sounds of the South". We only did one night as we then headed for New Orleans
The hotel is well located for the Natchez attractions which we didn't get time to explore. But it is only across the road from a riverside walk along the Mississippi River.
The rooms were of a good size with 2 very comfortable beds.
Unfortunately & probably because of our short stay we had rooms at the back of the hotel looking over the car park. Some nice motor bikes but not quite the Mississippi view we hoped for.
Tip - ask for a room high up at the front to take advantage of its location.
The air conditioning was noisy and had to be turned off so we could sleep. Fortunately it wasn't too warm during our stay. It could be an issue if the temperature gets in the upper 20s.

Breakfasts were OK but a bit limited. There never seems enough choice for English people.
I would stay here again if I ever came back to Natchez, but as other reviewers have stated check out the deals and what is included before you commit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front with views over the Mississippi
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Located in the historic old part of town. The parking is secured. You can walk across the street to the river overlook. It's beautiful! The rooms are moderate size and it was clean but average for the price. They get you with a 3 day from stay cancelation policy, even though they called me to see if I was still coming at 6 pm and released the room during hurricaine Nate-I was still charged and the following day when I arrived early I was told my room wouldn't be ready for a couple hours-how can that be if I paid for a room and was late arriving-so they must have filled the room and charged me also-double charge for the room?! When I pointed out they charged me for 2 nights they miraculously found a ready room. Next time, don't bother calling guest if you plan on charging them even though you are asking for the room. Breakfast was ok, no sausage, gravy and biscuits- only grits. I'm from the north and don't like grits, so other choices preferred.
Room was quiet on the 4th floor. Lobby with a nice gathering place for our group.
I have to say next time, I will choose differently. A comparison is Econolodge in Kosciusko had a much larger room for 1/3 price for similar amenities. And the front desk staff were much more service oriented and pleasant to deal with...delivering extra towels to our room without an attitude.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Natchez Grand Hotel after driving the Natchez Trace. The location is fantastic on the bluffs overlooking the Mississippi. The hotel was clean and had everything we needed including good internet speed, comfortable bed and a hot shower. Breakfast was adequate for an included breakfast. The hotel staff were friendly and professional. The price was reasonable at a little over a hundred dollars. We will stay there on our next trip.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Nicely situated across the street from the River walk, this older elegant hotel was once 4-star ( speculation). Missing was the bellhop, restaurant, room service and concierge of the former years. The bellmen left their dollies which made for easy transfers of luggage from car to room. The room was of generous size including comfortable lounge chair with foot stool and office chair. Wifi had reasonable strength. Included was a nice set of toiletries. Conveniently located to the River,
An evening stroll along the bluffs was inspiring. Breakfast, included, had the usual hot & cold items. I do object when hotels add, at check-in, service fees that are not disclosed beforehand as part of the room price. Therefore, the policy of adding $9.95 to each nights stay is shady in my opinion. Had I been aware of that I'd passed on this hotel.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary A F
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

The Grand is a beautiful hotel with lovely public areas. The room was very comfortable and clean and the staff very helpful. There was very little noise from outside but it was not so good inside. We had a room on the third floor and we could hear the people directly above us move about their room. Breakfast was adequate but we have had better. All in all however, it is a good hotel in a great location.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple