“Nice hotel; very convenient to everything”

Natchez Grand Hotel
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Natchez
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I stayed here for several nights after a long drive down the Natchez Trace. Town exceeded my expectations as did y trip to Vicksburg. That said the Natchez Grand was an excellent choice. It is located right int he middle of the historic district so you can walk to a number of the historic homes. Others are a short drive. My room did not have a river view, but the other side of the hotel above floor one must be excellent as the view of the river from the park across the street is stunning.

Room Tip: Ask for a river side if the view is important. I did not miss not having one
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a very nice hotel. Close to the convention center, local businesses, downtown shopping, restaurants, and a beautiful river walk. The hotel is in need of a few updates and it is outdated. The room was clean. Breakfast was typical with a few extras. No kickback or extra perks were given if booking during a conference. However, you could book a tour on the double decker bus for around $20.00. No parking or internet fees.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Allocated a spacious Twin Queen room. Fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board, in-room safe & hairdryer. Decent air-conditioning. Good Wifi
Complementary bathroom toiletries supplied.

Buffet breakfast was adequate but served on paper plates, in plastic cups & ate with plastic cutlery!! I supposed it saved washing up!!

Staff were professional, friendly & helpful.

Stayed here as part of a Southern States road trip (1 night).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during a sightseeing trip to Natchez. I will tell you the good things first:
1. Friendly staff
2. Complimentary cookies in the lobby in the afternoons and popcorn in the bar
3. Very comfortable bed
4. Plush bathroom linens
5. Spacious breakfast room
6. Community coffee in a 4 cup coffeemaker
5. Beautiful view of the river and very convenient to restaurants, shopping and trails downtown
6. Live plants on the tables

And now the things I think need improving:
1. Wallpaper is scratched and scarred
2. Carpet is wrinkled and stained in halls
3. Floor shook when we walked across the room (4th floor, so I tiptoed so as to not disturb folks below us)
4. Walls are thin; the people next door woke us up at 6 a.m. with talking
5. WiFi was sporadic; I wound up turning it off on my phone just to read Facebook
6. Bedspread and blanket kept sliding off the bed while we were sleeping
7. Housekeeping was not done thoroughly; first morning, only half the pillows were put back in place and they did not wipe the splatters off the wall like I asked nor was the bathroom countertop wiped down thoroughly. (My hairspray leaves a film on the countertop and it was still there every morning). Last day, they didn’t leave us any regular coffee and only left 1 washcloth
8. Breakfast was the exact same thing every morning: scrambled eggs, link sausage, grits, packaged muffins/pastries, Eggo waffles, bread, French toast or bagels to toast, packaged oatmeal kits, yogurt, a couple of kinds of cereal, and some fresh fruit. Everything tasted fine, but with a Chef on staff, I expected there to be some variety...at least some bacon and the eggs done a different way, homemade waffles and oatmeal, etc.

We did enjoy our stay, but I told my husband that the word that came to mind about the hotel was “tired”. It needs some TLC to make it really grand. And also, the guests mostly appeared to be in the 50-75 age range. We saw very few young folks or kids. I read another review where they replied and said they were planning some renovations this fall; maybe they will be just what it needs!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed at the Renaissance in Nashville as the third part of a Trafalgar tour of "Tastes & Sounds of the South". We only did one night as we then headed for New Orleans
The hotel is well located for the Natchez attractions which we didn't get time to explore. But it is only across the road from a riverside walk along the Mississippi River.
The rooms were of a good size with 2 very comfortable beds.
Unfortunately & probably because of our short stay we had rooms at the back of the hotel looking over the car park. Some nice motor bikes but not quite the Mississippi view we hoped for.
Tip - ask for a room high up at the front to take advantage of its location.
The air conditioning was noisy and had to be turned off so we could sleep. Fortunately it wasn't too warm during our stay. It could be an issue if the temperature gets in the upper 20s.

Breakfasts were OK but a bit limited. There never seems enough choice for English people.
I would stay here again if I ever came back to Natchez, but as other reviewers have stated check out the deals and what is included before you commit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front with views over the Mississippi
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple