Starlings Rest(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$116
Official Site
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$140/night.

US$125
US$121
US$129
The Burn(Natchez)
US$144
US$199
US$195
The Natchez Pearl(Natchez)(Great Value!)
US$99
Hotels.com
US$131
All reviewsmississippi riverresort feeconvention centerfriendly bartenderbalcony suitewithin walking distancehotel is in a great locationfront desk staffcommunity coffeerooms are niceroom ratefree breakfasthot breakfastgreat view of the riverfriesantebellum homesbreakfast room
Reviewed 16 October 2017

This is a very nice hotel. Close to the convention center, local businesses, downtown shopping, restaurants, and a beautiful river walk. The hotel is in need of a few updates and it is outdated. The room was clean. Breakfast was typical with a few extras. No kickback or extra perks were given if booking during a conference. However, you could book a tour on the double decker bus for around $20.00. No parking or internet fees.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Allocated a spacious Twin Queen room. Fridge, tea/coffee making facilities, iron/ironing board, in-room safe & hairdryer. Decent air-conditioning. Good Wifi
Complementary bathroom toiletries supplied.

Buffet breakfast was adequate but served on paper plates, in plastic cups & ate with plastic cutlery!! I supposed it saved washing up!!

Staff were professional, friendly & helpful.

Stayed here as part of a Southern States road trip (1 night).

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights during a sightseeing trip to Natchez. I will tell you the good things first:
1. Friendly staff
2. Complimentary cookies in the lobby in the afternoons and popcorn in the bar
3. Very comfortable bed
4. Plush bathroom linens
5. Spacious breakfast room
6. Community coffee in a 4 cup coffeemaker
5. Beautiful view of the river and very convenient to restaurants, shopping and trails downtown
6. Live plants on the tables

And now the things I think need improving:
1. Wallpaper is scratched and scarred
2. Carpet is wrinkled and stained in halls
3. Floor shook when we walked across the room (4th floor, so I tiptoed so as to not disturb folks below us)
4. Walls are thin; the people next door woke us up at 6 a.m. with talking
5. WiFi was sporadic; I wound up turning it off on my phone just to read Facebook
6. Bedspread and blanket kept sliding off the bed while we were sleeping
7. Housekeeping was not done thoroughly; first morning, only half the pillows were put back in place and they did not wipe the splatters off the wall like I asked nor was the bathroom countertop wiped down thoroughly. (My hairspray leaves a film on the countertop and it was still there every morning). Last day, they didn’t leave us any regular coffee and only left 1 washcloth
8. Breakfast was the exact same thing every morning: scrambled eggs, link sausage, grits, packaged muffins/pastries, Eggo waffles, bread, French toast or bagels to toast, packaged oatmeal kits, yogurt, a couple of kinds of cereal, and some fresh fruit. Everything tasted fine, but with a Chef on staff, I expected there to be some variety...at least some bacon and the eggs done a different way, homemade waffles and oatmeal, etc.

We did enjoy our stay, but I told my husband that the word that came to mind about the hotel was “tired”. It needs some TLC to make it really grand. And also, the guests mostly appeared to be in the 50-75 age range. We saw very few young folks or kids. I read another review where they replied and said they were planning some renovations this fall; maybe they will be just what it needs!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

We stayed at the Renaissance in Nashville as the third part of a Trafalgar tour of "Tastes & Sounds of the South". We only did one night as we then headed for New Orleans
The hotel is well located for the Natchez attractions which we didn't get time to explore. But it is only across the road from a riverside walk along the Mississippi River.
The rooms were of a good size with 2 very comfortable beds.
Unfortunately & probably because of our short stay we had rooms at the back of the hotel looking over the car park. Some nice motor bikes but not quite the Mississippi view we hoped for.
Tip - ask for a room high up at the front to take advantage of its location.
The air conditioning was noisy and had to be turned off so we could sleep. Fortunately it wasn't too warm during our stay. It could be an issue if the temperature gets in the upper 20s.

Breakfasts were OK but a bit limited. There never seems enough choice for English people.
I would stay here again if I ever came back to Natchez, but as other reviewers have stated check out the deals and what is included before you commit.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the front with views over the Mississippi
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Located in the historic old part of town. The parking is secured. You can walk across the street to the river overlook. It's beautiful! The rooms are moderate size and it was clean but average for the price. They get you with a 3 day from stay cancelation policy, even though they called me to see if I was still coming at 6 pm and released the room during hurricaine Nate-I was still charged and the following day when I arrived early I was told my room wouldn't be ready for a couple hours-how can that be if I paid for a room and was late arriving-so they must have filled the room and charged me also-double charge for the room?! When I pointed out they charged me for 2 nights they miraculously found a ready room. Next time, don't bother calling guest if you plan on charging them even though you are asking for the room. Breakfast was ok, no sausage, gravy and biscuits- only grits. I'm from the north and don't like grits, so other choices preferred.
Room was quiet on the 4th floor. Lobby with a nice gathering place for our group.
I have to say next time, I will choose differently. A comparison is Econolodge in Kosciusko had a much larger room for 1/3 price for similar amenities. And the front desk staff were much more service oriented and pleasant to deal with...delivering extra towels to our room without an attitude.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family