“A jewel”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Barbecue, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Here We Grow Again! We've moved from where it all began as a small Diner serving up Comfort Food to a much larger location just across the street. We think you'll like the changes.... You can now find us at 58 Courthouse Square
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Loved the idea of a waitress welcoming you to the diner, then the owner takes your order. Recommended the chicken noodle soup,ordered it, should have got the large,it was delicious. Kevin the owner told me it was homemade,from scratch. I mentioned it was serious soup.He thanked me, and brought the cook over to the table,and he thanked me. Tried the western omelette,was excellent, potatoes wedges were fresh and delicious, not that crappy salted down frozen stuff..one of the better eateries I have dined at.spent the weekend in Goderich, and will be back, and know where to eat. Only downer was the only do dinner on fridays.Waitress recommendation was a few other eateries in the area. I was impressed. When leaving, found out Kevin is also the mayor of Goderich. Thank s to the staff for making me feel welcome,and I will be back. I have a two hour drive, but next trip will be on a Friday....They recommendation was fish and chips!! Kevin Morrell ,Aylmer,Ont.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

All the years we have been coming to Goderich, we have had nothing but wonderful visits at Pat and Kevin's!! They know my family by name, and when they see us, they greet us with a awesome welcome! On my birthday this year they surprised me with a bouquet of balloons and a great rendition of happy birthday! We come to Goderich maybe once a month (we are 3 hours away) and Pat and Kevin's is the only place we will eat. Not once have we ever had cold food, "frozen" food or anything wrong with our meals. I am sure if we ever had a concern, I would voice it at the restaurant, and I am sure Pat and Kevin would do what they could to take care of it. Baffled by reading some of the bad reviews on here. Why wait to leave the restaurant to complain or say you had a bad meal. Doesn't make sense.
Anyway, cannot wait for our next visit!!!!

1  Thank Jenn B
Reviewed 23 October 2017

My wife and I stopped for lunch and were offered the buffet. The menu looked great but we felt like a bit of variety and the price was reasonable.
Unfortunately what was under the myriad of steam table lids were previously frozen (for the most part) steamed foods.
The salads had wilted and the scrambled eggs had turned grey.
Bacon and sausage managed to hold up or had been recently replaced.
Tater-tots while OK freshly deep fried or from the oven are good do not survive steam heat for long. The same goes for the various deep fried seafood and veg. Again all from a box. Pies at the desert end. You guessed it previously frozen.
So this review is for the buffet and not necessarily the menu offerings.
I may try again next time I am in Goderich but with all of the other choices I think not.
I believe the best choice for the management is to ditch the buffet and stick to tried and true breakfast and brunch offerings.
The staff and owner are very nice people and I wish them well.
I just wish I had tried their menu choices instead.
The overall ambiance and location are very nice as well.

3  Thank Sythe114
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on a lazy Friday afternoon. Had a quick beer and their poutine.

My husband got into a delightful conversation with one of the owners, Kevin, who also happens to be the mayor! What are the odds?!

Kevin gave us good insight, a quick history and civics lesson and sent us on our way down to the beautiful waterfront park.

Fun, random stop!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Stop on the long weekend for a couple of eggs benny and a coffee. Really liked the vibe and how friendly the people rwere.