All reviewscountry hotelget awaydecent valueupgradessuppermarch
Reviewed 31 August 2016

YES, we will return.

We stayed at the resort the weekend of Aug 27, thru Aug 29th. 69.00 per night CDN as golf north members. Room 129. Room was clean and in the process of being upgraded. (new carpet, TV, and satellite service) The linens, fixtures and doors were tired, locks were still broken on the sliding door, but at least they put a handle on the wooden stick to keep the door jammed.
I could not receive free wireless in my room, when i asked at the front desk, maintenance came by within 1 minute and set up a portable wireless router in my room that myself and all the other guests in our group of 12 were able to connect to! Outstanding, thank-you.

We were early to the breakfast buffet 9.99 on Sunday morning, the buffet was better than most economy buffets, and the place was packed with patrons and locals by 9 am and it seems to be the hit breakfast stop. lots of compliments on breakfast from our party of 12. Our tee time was on time. The Greens and Fairways were better than our home course, (Great job) the course played very well and was enjoyed by our whole group.
Dinner that evening was like we had the facility to ourselves (at 8:30pm) The prime rib was ordered med rare but came well done, but was replaced with the medium Rare right away.
The pool, hot tub and Sauna were open the pool was very refreshing after a day of heat on the course, and enjoyed by all who brought their swimsuits. The hot tub was a warm tub, and only some of the jets worked.

The pool closes between 9:30-10:00 pm, whenever the person on the front desk gets to it. It might be helpful to post the pool hours on the pool doors.

Our group wanted to use the sports-bar downstairs on Sunday after dinner but we were told it is closed on Sunday night.

We set up a folding table outside our rooms with our coolers and board games and had a blast playing into the early hours of the morning, and there were no complaints and the Group of 20 golfers from another party joined us for a bit.

Monday morning express breakfast was very good. Lotsa food and real home-style yummy hash browns.

After check-out and golf on Monday the resort manager came by the sports bar as we were having lunch, to make sure everything was ok, that was a really nice touch to know that they care from the top down!

As golf north completes the rest of its restoration to this resort, i am sure it will go from a 3 star to a 4.5 star. We can see the changes have started, new carpet, New tv's, new roof, pool area open. The rooms were clean, and the staff very friendly, and always ready to accommodate setting up for our group of 12.

As for golf, 25.00 (20.00 twilight, after 3) per round plus cart, this is a deal for a course this nice. golf north silver members get it for 1/2 price. 129.00 stay and unlimited play is also a great deal for non-members. We came for the golf, the price of the Inn and meals were just a bonus.

We have now established this will be an annual trip for our golf group and also our mens league group too, as they were very impressed by our positive comments about what we had to say about our great weekend.

Room Tip: Lower lever rooms, great for groups to get together, and drive carts to rooms to pick up clubs, and baggage
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2016

My friend and I Stayed a couple of days here as we are Golf North members. Golf North took over this resort and one down the road about 15 minures (Sand Hills Golf and Resort) last April. The previous owner had allowed the property and hotel run down somewhat. Golf North is in the process of completely re-modelling the facility from the hotel to the great golf course. Golf course has all new Bridges installed, some of the rooms have been redone and a new roof was being put on during our stay. The huge inside pool and sauna are great, although we didn't get a chance to use them, but certainly will on our next trip. Room was dated, but clean and the two queen beds were comfortable. The lock on the patio door was broken, but they had a removable pole blocking the door from being opened. I am sure these little things will be on the next round of renovations next year.
Golf course was in excellent condition as was the Sand Hills course. You can't beat the $35 per round with cart. It is a 27 hole course. Golf North members only have to pay $69 per night for room. Great deal. I think the usual cost is around $120.
The $4.95 Breakfast including coffee was to die for. I am a real home fry buff and these were the best I have ever tasted. Ribs were good as well for supper.
Staff were super friendly and very accommodating, they also commented on how they are happy about working for Golf North and the changes they are making and also the plans for next year.

Room Tip: Room over looking golf course is a bonus.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patsroy
Reviewed 7 July 2016

We had our golf vacation at the Forest Golf and Country Hotel last week. We were pleasantly surprised that we were getting half price accommodation because we are Golf North members. When we arrived we asked if we could have a room overlooking the golf course and were happy that we could be accommodated.
The staff are all very friendly and you often saw the Manager around even coming to our room in the evening to change a light bulb.
You don't need to leave the hotel for meals because firstly they have a great breakfast for $4.95 and all the meals we had for lunch and dinner were excellent.
We were happy with our room and satisfied with the housekeeping staff.
We also used the pool and hot tub once.
A great trip for us we will definitely do again in the future.

Room Tip: Best view is overlooking the golf course.(second floor)
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2016 via mobile

I stayed at the Forest Golf and Country club for a week, last month (June) while visiting with family and friends.
I use a wheelchair and have difficulty, by times, finding accommodations that are accessible to me.

The folks at the Forest Golf and Country Club went out of their way to make adjustments to my room so that I could stay there.

While the hotel has "seen better days", I understand that the hotel is under new management and is going through extensive renovations.

I am very pleased to know that there is hotel in the Forest area available to me and I'll certainly be back again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 May 2016

The beds were extremely hard and only had two pillows. Bathroom was not properly cleaned and few televisions channel to watch. The adjoining room door had no lock. Paid $145.00 with tax. Not worth it!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family