US$171
Agoda.com
Agoda.com
Secret view(Isabela)
TripAdvisor
All reviewseclipse restaurantvilla montanabeach resortpuerto ricowedding plannerzen poolwhole complexbeautiful groundsbeautiful weddingdream come truehorseback ridingliving roomlaid backtropical trail rideswasher dryersan juan airportkite surfing
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Went with my wife for a weekend getaway and we discovered PARADISE! Service at check-in and check-out was amazing, really warm and friendly treatment. Dinner at Eclipse restaurant by the beach at dawn is to die for!! The food... OMG!!! It has no description besides pure amazingness of flavor combined with ambient and view. We got served by Delany, the best waitress I have seen. With her charm she knows how to engage a diner and make the evening a memorable one. The room was impecable with a nice view. My wife and I fell in love with the place, the ambient, the warm feeling at Villa Montaña. Definately, a getaway place to go to and leave behind the everyday stress. We are planning on going back!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juanchocint
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear Juanchocint,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive recent experience at Villa Montana Beach Resort! We are so delighted that you and your wife received warm and friendly treatment, loved the food, ambient, and had a memorable vacation!

We hope to see you both again very soon!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I'm always a little hesitant about writing reviews because a part of me always wants to keep the place and my experience special and to myself, but I owe it to Villa Montana to tell everyone what an amazing wedding I had... I've been visiting their restaurant Eclipse for a few years and knew right away that I wanted to get married there one day. It has a rustic theme within a beautiful beach setting. Its perfectly decorated as is and is completely opened on all sides. My husband had never even been to Puerto Rico before our wedding, and the first time he visited Eclipse he just looked at me and shook his head in approval... This place is one of a kind.
I planned the wedding in 4 months from the States and I don't think I could have done it without the amazing wedding coordinator Yhasmina. We only communicated by email. Which kind of worried me at first. But she was so incredibly attentive. It was rare that I waited more then an hour or two to hear back and she answered all of my questions, big and small. She never made me feel like a burden. She was always reassuring me that she was there to help in any way and was so friendly. She even let me know when she would be away from the office and when she would be back so that I knew to get any necessary questions in. I can't thank her enough for helping make my dream come true...
I do think its important to address some of the cons that people have brought up... 1.) This place is not cheap. There is an 11.5% tax on EVERYTHING (not the resorts fault of coarse) but it was a little shocking at first... But let's be real. If your from a big city like I am their prices don't even compare. It turned out to be significantly less expensive to get married here in the end. 2) I read in another review that the bride didn't like the fact that there were people on the resort watching the ceremony, including an old homeless looking man on a bicycle. Yes that same man was there to watch my wedding too. But in the end, did it ruin my day or make me upset in any way? No. I maybe noticed him for two seconds but then I moved on. No big deal. 3) I also read a review that mentioned the beach being dirty. Interestingly my husband did mention how he noticed that many of the beaches in PR could use some cleaning up. And its true, I did notice some debris left over from bonfires and things like that and yes maybe it could have used some sprucing up in certain areas. But my pictures came out beautiful nonetheless, and it wasn't something that I particularly noticed during my stay so it didn't bother me...
As you can see my cons are not really cons. Because in the end Villa Montana gave me the most beautiful wedding a girl could ask for. I would not go back and change a thing. I would do it all over again in a heart beat if I could.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Varmang17
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear Varmang17,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and lovely comments! We are so happy to read that you had an amazing planning experience and enjoyed your wedding! Our hotel is legally required to charge the 11.5% tax, as all businesses in the island of Puerto Rico should charge it, unfortunately it is not set by us, and its mandatory by the government.

We hope to see you and your husband again very soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant at Villa Montana was amazing. After a long day of surfing and horseback riding, this is what we needed- to watch the sunset while eating awesome foods and drinking refreshing cocktails. This place is so cool- the decor is stunning! Service was great. The food was all delicious! Priced good! I can't wait to come here again someday!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Marty71808,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Eclipse Restaurant! We are so happy that you enjoyed the sunset, wholesome foods, cocktails and stunning decor!

We hope to see you again very soon as well!

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Simply perfection a Pinterest worthy wedding! That’s the best way to describe Villa Montana’s weddings. We began conversation with Villa Montana around August 2016 about our wedding dated for June 26th, 2017. Yhasmina was quick to send us information on their weddings. I have to note that I was planning the wedding from California and was nervous as I had chosen a venue blindly based on pictures. Let me tell you that Yhasmina was extremely easy to work with. She answered ALL of my questions and was always available to me. She’s EXTREMELY detailed oriented and as soon as you make a change to your wedding details, she notes on the wedding plan and sends you a copy of it immediately. There should be no confusion on the wedding day as everything is perfectly noted on the wedding plan.
Villa Montana executed my vision and honestly surpassed it. We hosted our reception in the garden ballroom, and let me tell you, the pictures, although beautiful, don’t do it justice.. The day of the wedding we were provided Josie and Marta as our day of coordinators; THEY WERE FANTASTIC. They knew every single detail to my wedding plans and there was NOTHING for me to worry about as they took care of all the task. They kept me and my guests in schedule. The ceremony in the gazebo looked so beautiful. The cocktail hour was a perfect idea and the drinks and food were delicious, but the reception- STUNNING. I remember getting a peak of the reception décor before the wedding and I cannot express how beautiful they had left it. All the tables were filled with candles and flowers. They were successful in taking my inspiration pictures and executing it to even more than I could every want. If you decide to host your wedding here, you can be sure they will do an amazing job for you. They will really take care of you and ensure they exceed your expectations. All of the wedding team was an A team, beginning with Yhasmina, to Josie and Marta. Thank you all for all you did and giving me my dream wedding.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank mario93036
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2017

Dear Mario93036,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Villa Montana Beach Resort! We are delighted that you loved your wedding planning experience, as well as the food, decor, service and execution of the event date! We hope to see you both again very soon!

Best,

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Attended a wedding here in June 2017

It was well worth the drive from the San Juan airport.

Beautiful grounds and they did a great job for the wedding

Room B
Restaurant B
View A
Dinner on Beach before Wedding A
Wedding A
Drinks Post Wedding A
Dinner Post Wedding A
Bonfire B

Cons---you need to make sure you have extra drinks for when the bar closes.

Pro---great staff and were very good when referring us to a fishing guide -- Best Charters.

I would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiamondDoug44
Villa Montana B... M, Manager at Villa Montana Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Dear DiamondDoug44,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience as a recent wedding guest at Villa Montana Beach Resort! We are happy that you enjoyed your time, and felt our staff was very good - your comments will absolutely be shared!

We hope to see you again soon!

Best,