7,335 results
All reviews water elevator napua tower lazy river grand wailea rope swing chapel wing bistro molokini hibiscus pool volcano bar the grand dining room cafe kula spa grande four seasons pool area adult pool per day valet parking
Reviewed 16 July 2007

It has been a while since we were at the Grand Wailea, but the experience is one I should have shared earlier.
We have stayed at the Grand Wailea several times as part of a business group, and until our last visit, have had good experiences. At a nearby jewelry store, my husband purchased a bracelet for me for our anniversary. It disappeared from our safe, and we got little help attempting to get it back. It was obviously an inside job. Enjoy the Grand Wailea, but be aware that you can not keep any valuables on the premises--even in the safe.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
5  Thank Michiganlovetotravel
Reviewed 16 July 2007

The Grand Wailea exceeded our expectations. We went there recently for our honeymoon and were extremely pleased. They have agents working full time to help you book bike trips, hiking trips, dinner and other activities. The food was delicious. They went above and beyond our expectations of service. Nice workout facility, close to restaurants and shops. The only negative thing I could say is don't expect anything to be cheap. The hotel is expensive for everything. Although, we found this all throughout Maui.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Glamgal52
Reviewed 13 July 2007

We visited Maui and stayed at the Grand Wailea seven years ago when our kids were 15, 13 and 7. This time around they were 22, 20 and 14 and were joined by 7 cousins and 18 assorted Aunts, Uncles and Grandparents. We had a wonderful time and would have liked to have stayed another week just to relax. The rooms were all beautiful, very clean and most had great views. The staff were all friendly and everyone that I said hello to greeted me with a return smile and greeting.

The only two negative things I have to say is that they did not put our rooms together and the food was not wonderful. 12 rooms and we were all over the place, different floors, different wings and even different buildings! Thankfully we had no teens under 14 staying with anyone less then 18 and all were good, non-drinking kids.

The Grand buffet was great - made to order omelets and everything one could ever ask for for breakfast. But the two main restaurants, The Terrace ( I think that's what it was called - next to the adult swimming pool) and the Humuhumunukunukuapua had very good food, but for the prices they charged it should have been outstanding.

We were not able to get a cabana because we didn't know that they needed to be booked before arrival. We did rent Casabellas twice and they worked out very well. We had two next to each other both times and then had several lounges around them. Waiters came with treats (frozen grapes, cool wash cloths and popsickles) and took orders for drinks and lunch. The Casabellas are rented on a first come, first serve basis. I think they were $50 or $75 a day each. Since no one except the Grandparents stayed sitting still for long, having about 1/2 dozen lounge chairs was perfect.

I think my husband and I had one of the nicest rooms. We had a terrace room on the same floor as the reception area. It had a King bed, a sofa, a chair as well as a desk. The terrace had an extended grass section. The bathroom was also huge with double shower and a soaking tub. We rented a micro-fridge and used it to store juice and milk. We then invited the gang to come to our place for a light breakfast for most of the days. We ate at the Grand Buffet twice but some people in our group ate there every morning.

This was a wonderful vacation and after walking past 1/2 a dozen others along the beach, I think it was the best hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank PennDale
Reviewed 11 July 2007

Maui is an interesting place. I had a worker tell me that there are more Caucasians in Maui than Hawaiians. For a few times during our stay I really had to remind myself where I was. There is no luau or type of Aloha spirit evident except from the lei greeting at check in or the telephone operators who always said "Aloha" and "Mahalo." Interestingly enough there was a very large fireworks show (and it wasn't 4th of July) that was put on by one of the convention groups who were there. That certainly didn't remind me of Hawaii! On several occasions we passed employees who just walked by with their head down, not even smiling. Well, with that out of the way, here goes. We have stayed at this hotel before and knew what to expect. We had a garden view room which is very large by hotel standards. The king beds actually face the window. How intelligent is that? The bathroom is plush and large. I love the adult pool and cabanas. One of the things that I really hate is the people who go to the hotel and then complain about the prices. Heard a few of those conversations, but quickly figured out that these folks were vacation winners and freebie conventioners. (Saw a lot of people eating pizza and sandwiches on their lanais.) We had a cabana for every day of our stay. Definitely cheaper than a sunburn. I laugh at people who complain about the cabana prices. There's always the chairs and umbrellas on the beach for I think $35 or something like that. Sit there if you don't want to spend the money for the cabana or stick a towel over your head - towels are complimentary, you can get as many as you want and you don't have to sign them out. I'm also amazed by people who complain about the breakfast. We went to Cafe Kula every day. My breakfast was hearty and never cost me over $11. The water park is amazing. The slides are great and the pool is always kept spotless. With 700 rooms it amazes me how they can keep all the pools and slides so neat and clean. Bottom line: if you want peace and quiet stay next door. If you want a place with a lot of fun, but quiet areas as well, then this is the hotel for you. Oh, we did have several problems with our air conditioning. Room never seemed to get really cold. Not sure about the negative reviews below. We didn't see those type of problems. Saw basic wear and tear, but that was about it. We will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
6  Thank californiamom
Reviewed 5 July 2007

We stayed at Grand Wailea for a conference for 3 nights. It was a wonderful stay. The landscaping on the property is well done, and the level of service, in general, is extraordinary.

However, there are a several things that were not up to par. One, some of the doors inside our room was either broken or in need of adjustment. The self parking was not very convenient. Everything in the hotel was overpriced.

Obviously, we don't travel to find perfection in every aspect of our travels. Just being in Maui was good enough for us.

I would recommend this resort if you are willing to pay for it.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business