Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui
Residence Inn by Marriott Maui Wailea(Wailea)(Great Value!)
US$364
US$699
US$599
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$589
Travelocity
US$479
AscendHotels
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsinfinity poolfood truckmarket kitchenwhale's taleescape roomdeparture loungewater slidesplatinum memberocean frontwailea beachbar and grillkid poolisland gourmetoceanfront roomwalking pathsuper funself parking
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Where do I start? Maybe how the manager, Ed, offered his cell phone number for me to get in touch with him? Or how he dazzled my mother and I with exceptional service, view of the ocean, snacks, wine and dinner when he heard it was my birthday? This resort knows customer service and how to have a good time. The upgraded renovations that were done has made this resort brand-new and better than ever. Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh flower leis, a cart drive around the property and front desk staff that were happy and proud of their resort and its ammentities. When we got to our room, the views were breathtaking right above the serenity pool (fifth floor, halo 4). The property is beautiful, wide open spaces with 3 exceptional and different pools. Waterslides, food truck and pop-up coffee shop add to the fun atmosphere. I was surpised how fast the water slides actually are and both my mother and I enjoyed them! Food and drinks are reasonably priced and you will never feel like your are being nickle and dimed. This property looks the most beautiful compared to all other resorts located on Wailea beach walkway that I ran along every morning. Amazing sunset views, serenity pool, waterslides, coffee, balconies, food, and location - right next to the shops that you can walk to and from. The beach access is great (2 beaches nearby clean, beautiful and bright blue). My mother and I literally found ourselves saying that we "wished we were still at the Wailea Beach Resort" while we were at our second location, Ritz Carlton Kapulua. Yes, you heard me right, this resort is far superior to the Ritz Carlton and in every way I can think of. Most nights you hear the luau and can watching the flame runner light up all the torches throughout the resort. And everynight you can hardly see the ground keepers with their headlamps on cleaning, pruning and keep the property perfect for the next day. The game room is awesome for kids (we watched a free ukelele class happening) I was so impressed and will gladly return here - in fact, I only want to return here next time!

Room Tip: Rooms above the serenity pool were great, get an ocean view - 4520 was perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank quinncr
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear quinncr,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our efforts and for sharing your wonderful experience at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui. We are thrilled to read how much you and your mother enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel, especially our facilities and services. We appreciate your compliments, and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

My husband and I just got back from celebrating our anniversary and we couldn't have picked a better resort. We arrived late at night and the approach to the property with old trees are decorated with lanterns. The property is spacious and there are so many lovely places to hang out -- swings, nests, beach cabanas. We had a gorgeous ocean front room right between two pools. We kept doors open all night to enjoy the sound of the ocean. We could easily walk to Wailea beach for snorkeling, paddle boarding and swimming. We ate at Humble Market Kitchen for breakfast almost every day--delish. Everyone has a ton of aloha. What an incredible treat. We can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jannobsea

Dear jannobsea,

Thank you for choosing Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui for your anniversary celebration. It’s a pleasure knowing you loved our well-maintained property and our location was enjoyable for your visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

We booked this hotel beacause we love their infinity pool. Best pool in Maui. We spent basically the whole day and the next morning at the pool. Mornings are great since the pool is less crowded.
In addition we were upgraded to an ocean view room with an extended balcony on the ground floor very close to the ocean. Great Nespresso machine too.
The only thing we weren't impressed with was the breakfast. Just ordinary.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BMIhonestfeedback
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear BMIhonestfeedback,
Thanks for posting a review so future travelers can read about your pleasant experience here at Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui. It is nice to hear how much you enjoyed your stay, and we are happy you were impressed with our service, your room and our amenities, especially the pool. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I stayed at this Marriott Resort from June 30th - July 5th 2017
My stay was excellent!! I looked for dust, dirt, water leaks in the bathroom, and of course un-welcomed critters through out the room and I found...... Nothing!!
The room was when I arrived, and kept by housekeeping immaculate during my entire stay! The Resort staff was friendly and quite genuine. The food was delicious, and I highly recommend the breakfast package, as dining, shopping etc in Hawaii can be expensive. I loved how the TV screen displayed my name with a warm welcome constantly.
Jill the first front desk person I encountered upon arrival while checking in, was the tops! She was genuinely friendly, courteous, very informative on activities the hotel offered, excursions, and discounts available. I got a discount just for showing up it seems! I went there for my birthday and felt celebrated and catered to the entire length of my stay! They have a Luah that's spectacular, interactive and fun!

My only gripe is with myself for not writing this review much sooner!
To the entire staff of the Wailea Beach Resort Marriott, Thank you immensely!!!!

Room Tip: ocean all the way!!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank sharp7c
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Dear sharp7c,

Thank you for choosing Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui during your birthday. We are delighted to read you liked our courteous service and your well-appointed room as well as the breakfast we serve. I will be sure to share your compliments with the entire team, especially Jill. Thanks again for being our guest, and we look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

On the whole, we had an excellent stay over 4 nights. Room was comfortable and the ocean front view couldn’t be better. As some other reviewers have commented, noise does travel very easily between rooms. I could hear entire conversations from below if our windows were opened. The pools, especially the adult infinity pool, were well designed. The restaurant, Humble Market Kitchin, was really great and I wish they would open for lunch as well. The only thing that bugged me was the Marriott app, which guests were encouraged to use but only occasionally worked. Tried requesting for dental and shaving kits and calling for my car but requests failed without notification or explanation.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kurosaki_Ichigo
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Dear Kurosaki_Ichigo,

Thank you for sharing your experience and highlighting some of the key features of our property. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your comfortable room with a beautiful view. We hope you are already planning another trip our way. Thanks again for your review!