“Almost perfect”

Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Wailea
Reviewed 9 December 2017

We’ve been coming to this resort now for 8 years. The re-design, including an additional pool, is fantastic. The updated restaurants, especially Humble Kitchin, are phenomenal... My ONE criticism has remained the same for 8 years: If you’re jet lagged or just a super early morning person looking for coffee, GOOD LUCK. The on-site Starbucks doesn’t open until 5:30 am and starts with a line full of people who’ve been waiting for them to open. .... coffee is dirt cheap to serve so I will never understand why this Marriott won't put out a simple thermos or somesuch of coffee in the wee morning hours until the Starbucks opens. Everyone I see in the early mornings grumbles about this.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank MBullard
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Dear Mbullard,

Thank you for being loyal towards Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui and for sharing your experience. We are glad to know you loved our newly renovated property and had a great time here. We also appreciate your observation and have taken a note of the same. Thanks once more for allowing us to be of service, and we hope to have the pleasure of doing so again on your next trip.

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I’m a hotel snob and travel 50 weeks out of the year for both business and pleasure. I write about properties that really blow my socks off.

The newly refurbished Wailea Beach Restort by Marriott is fabulous! We normally stay at the Four Seasons but wanted to give this propert a try after we received several recommendations to do so. We had a beachfront Jr Ocean suite on the ground level. We had gorgeous unobstructed views of the water with amazing sunsets. The room was spacious and the oversized lanai was great for watching the sunset or just relaxing with a drink and book. There were three of us in the room. The only complaint is no turn down service and they didn’t put the pull out bed away. But this was not an issue for the difference in price and it is a Marriott.

The hotel was at capacity for Thanksgiving weekend but we never felt crowded and there was zero noise. Families with children stayed back at the new Nalu pool. The two water slides are super fun and fast. (Grand Wailea was under construction to compete) My 13 year old son enjoyed them but preferred the other pool by the ocean.

The two infinity pools are magnificent! Our friends were next door at the Grand and it was crazy crowded with little kids. People had to reserve lounge chairs early. Not at the Marriott. There was an abunence of lovely, high end chairs available at any time. The adult pool is truly gorgeous and as nice as the four seasons. The family infinity pool was also fabulous and had larger cabanas to rent then at the adult pool. They also bring pineapple to all guests at either pool.

The new Roy Yamaguchi restaurant Humble Kitchen has a great breakfast buffet and delicious dinners. Highly recommend.

And finally, the grounds are super fun. With swings, life size chess, Starbucks and the best shopping next door, you can’t go wrong. We’re going back in the summer we loved so much!!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank jditta
TeamMarriott, Manager at Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Dear jditta,

Thank you for your outstanding review of Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui. It is a pleasure to read you and your family had a great stay and that you loved all the aspects of our hotel, especially your well-appointed suite and all the facilities we have to offer. We appreciate you recommending us and look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

My room was between the family pool and the adult pool with a lanai overlooking the expanse of green lawn and pathways along the ocean. The view of the water and mountains was framed by fragrant frangipani blooms. The frequent rainbows piercing the low-hanging clouds were mesmerizing. My room was convenient to everything. I must point out that housekeeping services were excellent and considerate, especially on a couple days when I was under the weather. The bell staff couldn't have been more friendly and eager to provide whatever service we needed.
This was my second visit at this resort and I very much appreciated all the changes/upgrades that have been made in the past couple of years.

Room Tip: I like proximity to front desk and pools; all rooms have great .
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank deebeekay2015

Dear deebeekay2015,

Thank you for choosing Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui, and we are delighted to welcome you back on your birthday and for a wonderful vacation. It is great to know how much you enjoyed your well-appointed room along with the view it provides and that you were impressed with our excellent service. Reviews such as yours mean a lot! Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back.

Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

My first time to Maui in nearly 12 years and boy a lot had changed. I decided to treat and pamper myself at the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott. The room and its amenities were outstanding, the views were breathtaking and facilities phenomenal. The downfall for me was the service or the lack thereof. From my arrival to my departure (I stayed 3 days, 2 nights) and there was very minimal interaction with staff. At check in, I didn’t feel welcomed and was just another person in line that they were trying to hurry and get in a room to shrink the line. I did not see any housekeepers. I left a note for the housekeeper to change the bed linen and that was never done.

I really feel I was let down service wise but the facilities, property and views made up for it truly made me feel whole and relaxed.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Brandy B

Dear Brandy B,
Welcome back to Maui! We are thankful for your feedback and we are happy to know there were so many positive aspects of your visit. We did take note of the disappointment you had with our service, as we strive to provide excellent service, every day with every guest. Your comments will be shared so we are living up to our high standards, and the expectation of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back again, and hopefully it will be before another 12 years.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

Where do I start? Maybe how the manager, Ed, offered his cell phone number for me to get in touch with him? Or how he dazzled my mother and I with exceptional service, view of the ocean, snacks, wine and dinner when he heard it was my birthday? This resort knows customer service and how to have a good time. The upgraded renovations that were done has made this resort brand-new and better than ever. Upon arrival we were greeted with fresh flower leis, a cart drive around the property and front desk staff that were happy and proud of their resort and its ammentities. When we got to our room, the views were breathtaking right above the serenity pool (fifth floor, halo 4). The property is beautiful, wide open spaces with 3 exceptional and different pools. Waterslides, food truck and pop-up coffee shop add to the fun atmosphere. I was surpised how fast the water slides actually are and both my mother and I enjoyed them! Food and drinks are reasonably priced and you will never feel like your are being nickle and dimed. This property looks the most beautiful compared to all other resorts located on Wailea beach walkway that I ran along every morning. Amazing sunset views, serenity pool, waterslides, coffee, balconies, food, and location - right next to the shops that you can walk to and from. The beach access is great (2 beaches nearby clean, beautiful and bright blue). My mother and I literally found ourselves saying that we "wished we were still at the Wailea Beach Resort" while we were at our second location, Ritz Carlton Kapulua. Yes, you heard me right, this resort is far superior to the Ritz Carlton and in every way I can think of. Most nights you hear the luau and can watching the flame runner light up all the torches throughout the resort. And everynight you can hardly see the ground keepers with their headlamps on cleaning, pruning and keep the property perfect for the next day. The game room is awesome for kids (we watched a free ukelele class happening) I was so impressed and will gladly return here - in fact, I only want to return here next time!

Room Tip: Rooms above the serenity pool were great, get an ocean view - 4520 was perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank quinncr

Dear quinncr,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to recognize our efforts and for sharing your wonderful experience at Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott, Maui. We are thrilled to read how much you and your mother enjoyed all the aspects of our hotel, especially our facilities and services. We appreciate your compliments, and we can’t wait to welcome you back soon.

Resident Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wailea
1.4 km away
0.7 km away
Four Seasons Resort Maui at Wailea
36.1 km away
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa

Been to Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui? Share your experiences!