“Try the Scallops!”

Fathoms Bar and Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Fathoms Bar and Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 265 Restaurants in New Bedford
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located right next to the harbor, Fathoms Bar & Grille has become an integral part of New Bedford's diverse collection of eateries. Known for its rich culture and historical fishing industry, New Bedford sets the stage for Fathoms Bar & Grille to be the place where people can gather for great food and drinks in a relaxed waterfront environment. Our patrons take in the ambiance of our handsomely appointed bar lounge area, the intimacy of our dining area or the fresh sea breezes on our seasonal patio.
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stopped in here for dinner on the water this past Sunday and the food was pretty much spot on for flavor, texture and price. We didn't care for the stuffed sole but I think they may have been having an off night for that meal option. The scallops were deep fried and then paired with at Teriyaki sauce that is to die for! I will crave these scallops. The fried raviolis were perfect and the red sauce was nice and think and had a great tomato flavor, not too bland or sweet or spicy. The venue was packed but all of the staff was very friendly and even took a couple of pics for us. We chatted with a couple of the bartenders who also recommended some wine options to pair with our dinner course. Next time I hope we can stay longer and get the full sunset!

Reviewed 5 July 2018 via mobile

One of the worse dinning experiences that I ever had, ever! The insufferable wait just to have a waitress show up at the table paled in comparison to the amount of time just to get our drinks. Thank goodness we ordered our meals at the same time as our drinks or this VERY well could have turned into a 2 hour ordeal rather than the hour and a half that it did turn into after being seated. That being said the food was awful. I had the fish and chips which I have no idea how they could pass either off as appetizing. The Mrs. had the lobster mac n cheese which I did try and thought of wall paper paste tasted better. Food should never invoke that taste nor image. I read the reviews and was even recommended by the B&B to dine here so I have no idea what those folks ate because they didn’t have either of we ordered. I could go on because this is only half of this misadventure so I warn thee, sail far and away.

Reviewed 5 July 2018

Our waitress was pleasant and attentive. The view is okay. The food not so good. My mother's lobster quesadilla was bare of lobster. The fish and chips were just okay. Probably will not be back.

Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

Met up with friends for dinner and drinks. So nice to sit outside on the patio with a nice sea breeze. The waitress was very attentive but also knew that we were all catching up and let us be for long periods of time. Nice atmosphere too!

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

The glass bar inside the restaurant is gorgeous. The restaurant offers a variety of food so everyone should find something they like. The outside patio is so pleasant in warm weather. I recommend you give it a try.