“Try the Lobster Roll!!”

Ranked #7 of 265 Restaurants in New Bedford
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

We were visiting customers and stopped for a bite to eat.

As we walked in we had a friendly welcome and seated nice a fast.

Our waitron was friendly, fast and looked after us very well. I had the Lobster Roll and my colleague had the scallops, both were very good and well priced.

You should go enjoy the view and food!

Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

The food was awful. The fish was almost raw and the salads were disgusting. The atmosphere and attention were good. Nice view and easy to park.

Reviewed 7 September 2015

We've been wanting to go here for quite some time, but wait on weekends can be long and there are many choices. However, finally made it and the seafood was incredible. Cooked to perfection, unlike many places that overcooked delicate seafood. Service was very friendly and prompt. Will bring friends very soon.

Reviewed 6 September 2015

Have been here several times this summer. This place is for fresh seafood at its best in a no frills atmosphere. It is right on New Bedford harbor. The fishing fleet is right in front of the restaurant which is physically located on a parking lot...free! It is also next to the state pier which serves the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. There is a huge outdoor covered deck and a smaller indoor area with huge windows overlooking the fleet. The decor is non- luxurious, but dedicated to the sea, and is quite roomy and comfortable. There is a large popular raw bar, and a fabulous, busy, large wrap around bar. The service has been fine. The only drawback is that it is a bit hard to find the entrance. But that has not deterred the patrons! Very busy!

Reviewed 5 September 2015 via mobile

We went to the Black Whale 1 week ago. We had a party of 12 people. We ordered many drinks, appetizers and of course dinner. Everyone in the party received their meals but my meal was not out with the rest. The waitress made the mistake of not putting it in the computer. I ended up taking the food to go since everyone else was done eating. The waitress did not charge me for my chowder but still charged me for the meal. She was very sorry and I totally understand accidents happen.

Also... It was very windy and cool on the patio. We were told they could not close all the sides because they would get fined. Bring a sweater!

Been to The Black Whale? Share your experiences!