“Recommended to others ...”
Review of Kyoto Restaurant

Kyoto Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 63 Restaurants in Manukau
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Pleasantly surprised after reading previous non favourable reviews. Customer service was tops and the food legit! Reasonably priced for Japanese food. Recommended to others, looking forward to our next lunch.

There are newer reviews for Kyoto Restaurant

Reviewed 3 March 2015

Depending on who is working on this day determines the service you will receive. So service can be inconsistent. The food is always the same taste which is consistent.

Reviewed 8 January 2015

Food was delicious although not especially cheap. Ambience what you expect for a place at an entrance to a mall - though they could have done better than play the local FM radio station through their speakers. Service was poor - had to go up to the counter each time and chase down orders. Not particularly friendly either.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I was first introduced by a Chinese friend of mine and went out of my comfort zone as I don't normally eat at restaurants like this, but - Oh! It was so delicious! Every time we go to Manukau mall I get the same dish (I have not gone THAT far out of my comfort zone yet!). The service is understated but sincere and I believe the only difference is the language barrier. As Kiwis' we are used to overly friendly sales people but the staff here have a quiet dignity that is not overbearing but just right, in my opinion. Always looks warm and inviting in the restaurant and is the first place I would choose rather than the food hall where you can gain weight just looking at the food choices!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

$29.90 buffet not on a Friday. 6 til 9 really means 6 til 8.30. Put order in at 8 hadn't arrived by 8.30 and they were asking if we had enough as it was last orders. Drinks order was wrong as was at least one of the food orders. Food average at best. No recommendations from us.