“Good Airport Option”

Sushi Bar Hayama
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Manukau
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 December 2015

We ate at the International Terminal. We knew that we had to eat something hearty b/c the Air NZ food wouldn't be fabulous; not wanting pizza, burgers, or bacon sandwiches, we tried this place. We had ramen and wonton noodle soup. We were pleased with the flavor, and it was filling enough for me to skip dinner service. Yay!

At the International Terminal, the location is AFTER security.

Reviewed 10 December 2015

This place is nice but nice food is average so I like the food but it is still average I am sitting and useing the airports free wifi now reviewing this place come here if you love sushi

Reviewed 3 October 2015

I had the prawn laksa for breakfast and it was delicious, it was a bit pricey but it was plentiful as there were lots of egg noodles and bean sprouts, I thought that I would have not got many prawns but I was wrong. Good dish.

Reviewed 14 July 2015

Ordered the traditional soup, was OK but lacked that real fire like was advertised and flavour. Plenty of other fresh sushi, noodle & rice dishes on offer, good seating area, would visit again.

Reviewed 23 May 2015

I browsed around the airport and this restaurant certainly looked the best choice. They have both a sushi bar and a "rice and noodles" bar. The latter had really nice looking food, chicken seafood etc. and good bargains - 1, 2 or 3 mains with noodles at reasonable prices.

I chose noodles with chicken and spring rolls. I have no idea what was in the latter - it was tasteless. The rest of the meal was far too greasy and not at all satisfying. I am rarely so disappointed in a meal! if you go there I would opt for the sushi as customers in that section seemed to have better food and service.