“A Relaxed Lunch”

Mezza Luna Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #40 of 67 Restaurants in Manukau
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 8 July 2015

Mezza Luna at Half Moon Bay has a beautiful sea-view. We started with beer and then braised lamb shoulder ragout with pappardelle & smoked bacon & kale minestrone with ciabatta, and finished with coffees. It's a brief & thoroughly enjoyed lunch, well-prepared, cooked & served. I hope to be back for a dinner soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2015

Nothing to rave about food wise - average menu choice

We were a large party of 8 adults a mix of overseas visitors, locals and out of town Kiwis

Unfortunately I choose the Duck Tortelloni - pasta was way too 'al dente' - another couple of minutes cooking and it would have been perfect but the filling was good.
Interestingly no one commented voluntarily on their meal .

Wait staff were very helpful,friendly, very professional and well groomed.

Average meal .. average price .. but great location at the marina

Reviewed 4 July 2015

Staff were friendly and attentive enough but the food....My husband was not impressed with the pizza that had a 2 inch crust around the outside with the inside so thinly spread that he really didn't want to take it home.
Menu not overly endowed with " mains" 3 to chose from.
Not a place we will be returning to anytime soon.

1  Thank kiwifood2015
Reviewed 16 April 2015

We booked at Mezza Luna down at Half Moon Bay for a 'girls lunch out'. It was a public holiday and great to see they didn't sting us with a sur-charge, thank you :-)

It was a stunning day - the sun was sparkling off the water and it was just a gorgeous location for a catchup, a glass of prosecco and a bite to eat.

Out of our group of four - two had the fresh mushroom, cream and pine nut pizza drizzled with olive oil - they both enjoyed their lunch. I ordered the chicken, preserved lemon, pancetta, chili and coriander pizza which I very much enjoyed. The pizzas were very light and not oily or soggy. Yum! Our forth party ordered the risotto - which unfortunately she was not a huge fan of ... she had order envy for the pizzas.

Service was friendly - it was a leisurely lunch so we were happy to sit and chat and not be raced through our decision making process (which lets face it did take a while!).

The menu is not extensive - but I've heard the beef ribs and polenta are to die for - so would like to come back and try them next time for dinner.

Reviewed 4 March 2015

I have been here a couple of times and always been satisfied with the food and service. Love the atmosphere, both inside and outside. I ordered the Margarita pizza, it tastes very similar to one I had in Venice! Last night, I had the Papadelle Lamb Ragut and the Veal meatballs, they were beautiful. Their dessert was really good too, I tried the Limoncello Pannacotta. Will be coming back this Saturday to try other things on their menu. You will definitely see me as a regular here.