“Buzzy Smart Cafe”

Ranked #10 of 51 Restaurants in Warkworth
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located 1 hour north of Auckland
Reviewed 13 July 2015

Stop for lunch at this modern bright cafe -
Great menu selection big variety including wonderful fresh juices, teas & coffee.
4 of us ate and we had "Soup of the Day" & BLT with avocado all absolutely delicious, tasty and fresh.
We had walked passed a few very average old styled cafeteria / milkbars before we found 'Ginger Cafe' - all smiling at each other we raced inside. It was lovely to sit in stylish bright surroundings.
Greeted warmly by happy, friendly staff,
As an overseas visitor I can highly recommend "Ginger Cafe" and Warkworth Village is very pretty.

Date of visit: June 2015

Reviewed 10 June 2015

We stopped in to meet local friends for coffee while en route from Whangarei to Hamilton. We lingered for three and a half hours and had lunch. In my previous review I said that the cafe "looked promising." It delivered on that promise. Our coffees were very, very good. My lunch savoury was standard Kiwi--a large meat pastry roll--and nice. Will probably try one of the many other options in Warkworth next time we pass through, but now know that this place is good and reliable.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed 13 May 2015 via mobile

Have been to this cafe several times in the past and generally pretty good (although order accuracy isn't the greatest) however this time around the service and food was simply not good enough. We ordered food to go as had an appointment in Auckland. Had we eaten there I would have requested a refund and an explanation.

Service: no smiles what so ever. I've seen Japanese robots with more personality. Staff just weren't interested in providing a cheerful environment. Waited 15-20min for 2 x coffee, 1 x wrap and 1 x chicken panini. These needed to be heated / grilled only and the place was the least busy I had ever seen it.

The panini consisted of a microscopic piece of chicken, a little brie, a lettuce leaf and enough bread to fill a 4 slice toaster. Unfortunately one couldn't feed a dieting midget with what was within the panini slices.

For $9.50 it was an absolute rip off and it kind of angered me. The wrap was rather tasteless and again over priced. (Also mislabeled but we were informed 10min after ordering but decided to keep it)

Having been to hundreds of cafes around the world, I usually like to give the establishment a couple of chances, unless the experience is really bad. Ginger cafe simply isn't value for money and the food has just gone downhill. Add to that grimaces on the faces of staff and single shot lattes for $4.50 and all you get is a wonderful reminder of how superior a homemade lunch of rolls packed with stuff visible to the naked eye and fruit is for long car journeys.

This is precisely what we'll be doing in the future so in a way we are thankful for the experience.

1  Thank BrockG2014
Reviewed 13 April 2015

This cafe had been recommended when we asked at a local shop for somewhere good to have lunch.
I chose a mushroom filo pie from the cabinet, but it had been wrongly labelled and the waitress said it was chicken, brie and cranberry, which I accepted. It was delicious, with salad, though I was looking forward to mushrooms! The coffee was good, but was brought before the food, and one of the 3 of us had to wait longer for her food and had drunk her coffee before it arrived.

Not impressed with tables not cleared and a general untidy look to the place. The cafe was only half full and several staff working, so I think they could have cleared the tables. I used the toilet, and there was no toilet paper. I told one of the waitresses this, but don't know if she did anything about it.

Date of visit: April 2015
1  Thank Juliet F
Reviewed 22 March 2015

Love asking the locals where to go for good coffee and lunch. This place did not disappoint. Lovely town, take the time to enjoy.

Date of visit: March 2015